Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded yesterday

Was banded yesterday and have just arrived back at home. I'm finding it really hard to get and stay comfortable. I have a strange pressure feeling in my ribs just under my boobs!! Every now and then it sends a sharp pain into my back and chest. Is this just the air they bloat you up with trying to move. And if so how long will this take to go away?? Apart from that I feel great really considering its less than 24 hours and have no real pain pain :0)

It sounds like gas pains, yes. I had the same pain when I had my gall bladder out. I am expecting the same thing on Thursday when I get banded.

Walk as much as you can.

Best Wishes, hope you feel better soon

Sounds like the gas the pump in. Try to walk whenever you can, windmill your arms, and try a heating pad. This will pass soon! Congratulations on the surgery and welcome to the banded life!

Thanks you! I am very excited and looking forward to the journey ahead. Been up and walking a lot and it definitely helping. Just the occasional stab here and there :0) so far so good xoxox

Was banded yesterday and have just arrived back at home. I'm finding it really hard to get and stay comfortable. I have a strange pressure feeling in my ribs just under my boobs!! Every now and then it sends a sharp pain into my back and chest. Is this just the air they bloat you up with trying to move. And if so how long will this take to go away?? Apart from that I feel great really considering its less than 24 hours and have no real pain pain :0)

Yes girl. I was banded dec 18 and the pain was unbearable in my shoulder and under my rib cage. The dr said it is gas and some1 else says it comes from being under anthesia but either way it is painful and with me it lasted about a week. I walked the 2nd day trying to help me it along with a little relief........ but nt much. Good luck

Yes girl with me it lasted about a week. It was really painful in my shoulder and under my rib cage. I walked the next day trying to move it along:) but hang in there it will get better. But it was painful. Some said it was gas and some said it come from being under...... either way i never had that pain before. Good luck on your journey. I am post op Dec 18, 2012