Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills, unfills and refills

For medical reasons I had to have my ban temporarily loosened last summer. 2cc in total came out. Over the course of two months, I was refilled back to where I was prior to being un-filled (5.8cc in 10cc band). Problem is.... I don't feel as tight now at 5.8 as I was prior to the unfill. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've heard from more than a couple people that after having their band unfilled, it's different when getting it refilled.

I had to have mine emptied in August for emergency hernia surgery, and oddly, when I had the same amount put back in it was too tight.

I wouldn't worry about the numbers and concentrate strictly on how it feels. If you feel you need a little more to get back where you were before the unfill, then go from there.

Best wishes.

Thanks. I find that I need to be quite tight in order for the band to be successful for me and it feels close but just not the same as before and I found that odd.

I had to have some removed in April 2012 and have not gotten back the same restriction I had before. I was about 7.5 and too tight; my doctors office was closed so I had to go to the emergency clinic the surgeon recommends. I think they took out 1 cc but was not told exactly how much. Since then I've been getting small fills and gained 10 pounds. Eating too much and the wrong stuff because I COULD. It was almost like I gave myself permission to be bad.

Earlier this month at my appointment I asked the nurse to remove and measure my Fluid, which was supposed to be 8.5. Imagine her surprise when it only showed I had 6.3! No restriction at all at that point, even the barium swallow showed fluid flowing right through the band.

Now I'm up to 6.8 and for two weeks I couldn't tell any difference. Last night and today, however, I've experienced first bite syndrome. Last night it was a few bites of chicken breast and today it was fish. Too big of a bite and my band is back at work. Will be doing liquids the rest of today. So far nothing has come up but I can tell I screwed up.

So long story short, I lost restriction and am having a hard time getting it back.

Totally, and I hate to sa it but I've never gotten it back.

My 4cc band has 3.8cc in it, should be sooooo tight and I can eat a sandwich.

Don't get me wrong, a Peanut Butter sandwich would fill me and tide me over for dinner, my band is there and I've maintained, but I can now do real damage on special occasions if I let myself.

I gave been considering another complete unfill, liquid diet and the refill but I'm do afraid I'll cave and gain heaps of weight