Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dinner tonight

I need some new ideas for dinner. I didn't eat as well as I should have through the holidays so I am getting back on board and need some new ideas for dinner. I think I got off track a little because I ate the same stuff for a year and yes lost 90 lbs doing so but I need to broaden my horizon. Thanks.

omelet with imitation crabmeat

chicken taco salad

Tilapia with green Beans

Crabmeat salad (crabmeat with a small amount of mayo)

Just some suggestions for you

These are two of my favorite websites' date=' you can find some really awesome recipes on them:

http://www.emilybites.com/search/label/Main%20Dishes

http://www.skinnytaste.com/[/quote']

Thank you mis73

I had been looking for something like this ...awesome recipes

Thank you I will look at those web sites.

I need some new ideas for dinner. I didn't eat as well as I should have through the holidays so I am getting back on board and need some new ideas for dinner. I think I got off track a little because I ate the same stuff for a year and yes lost 90 lbs doing so but I need to broaden my horizon. Thanks.

This is what I made tonight, except I used rotiserie and mild salsa, the whole family liked it.

chicken Cream cheese Enchiladas

Ingredients

1. 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chicken breasts ( drained)

2. 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken Soup

3. 1 (8 ounce) bar reduced-fat cream cheese ( softened)

4. 1 (28 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce

5. 1 (8 ounce) packages shredded cheddar cheese

6. 15 soft taco-size flour tortillas

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken Soup, 1/2 the cheddar cheese, and enough enchilada sauce to make the mixture moist.

3. Mix all ingredients well. Make sure the cream cheese is not clumpy.

4. In a large rectangular baking dish pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.

5. In each tortilla put approximately 3-4 large tablespoons of the mixture.

6. Roll each tortilla and place into the pan.

7. Once pan is full, pour enough enchilada sauce on top to make sure each tortilla is covered.

8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

9. Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes.

10. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.

11. Garnish with sour cream, lettuce, olives, etc.

12. Enjoy.

Thinmint - we are on the same train of thought...I tossed some boneless skinless breasts seasoned with cumin and chili powder into a crockpot with black Beans, enchilada sauce, and green Chili's. Its almost done and smells delish!

Have you all heard of the Perdue portioned boneless skinless chicken breast? They are really great and packaged and portioned ready to freeze if you want .think they come in pack of 5 but ot sure.

its so early and now I want some enchililadas! hehe.

emily bites is an awesome site to try!

Posting recipes is contagious...this site got me going on the laughing cow cheese with tuna.< /p>

I haven't seen the Perdue portioned chicken yet but will certainly keep my eyes open for it. I hate having to cut and individually wrap my meat before freezing. I do it of course but it would be nice if it already came that way!

Posting recipes is contagious...this site got me going on the laughing cow cheese with tuna.

I haven't seen the Perdue portioned chicken yet but will certainly keep my eyes open for it. I hate having to cut and individually wrap my meat before freezing. I do it of course but it would be nice if it already came that way!

Morning have you tried Walmart. I buy them all the time it comes in lemon and seasoned in italian. Just the right portion size.

Posting recipes is contagious...this site got me going on the laughing cow cheese with tuna.

If you are close to a food lion or Walmart they have it already seasoned in lemon and Italian. Just put in freezer bause they are pre packaged.

Debbie - thanks...Walmart is all I have near my house and that's where I do most of my shopping. I have to stop in tonight so ill definitely look. The fact that its pre seasoned also helps when you want a no fuss dinner. Thanks for the tip!

The chicken also comes plain.

Plain is definitely a necessity. I think I would try them all!