Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you're not loosing...

Why thank you!! My "tiny cutlery" has helped me to lose over 175 pounds! :D

Too bad u didn't lose any from that big head of yours

You idiot! If you had done some research, you would know neither one of those things are approved for bandsters!

Oh you have an issue with me? I'd pretend to care but I'm a horrible liar.

Best wishes :D

There are a lot of people that have a problem with your know it all attitude. So much so that there is an entire fb page dedicated to making fun of your tiny ridiculous bites. A place where many people go and ask the same question a 100 times without being judged or treated like an idiot

You idiot! If you had done some research' date=' you would know neither one of those things are approved for bandsters![/quote']

Whatever! I'm sipping the liquor and chewing the popcorn to pieces. I have to chew to make sure I don't choke :-P

Oh my!!! What to ask now!!!

Oh my!!! What to ask now!!!

First you must read over thousands of post to make sure you are not asking a question someone else already has. If don't you will get chastised just saying

I did my research before getting the band....after my surgery, I stayed on my Dr. and would no be happy untill the band did EVERYTHING they said it is designed to do......

I get it when people say it is a "Tool" and you "Need to follow the rules"

I won't get into all that, other to say I do not totally agree...at least it is not me that does it, but the band that Forces me to do it....

Anyway, with all this talk about research....What do people actually think the band is supposed to do???

and when people say they "Need a fill", "What do they actually think is going to happen?"

Believe me, it does have a significant purpose....design....

Not everybody, but all too often I read posts, and people throw terms around like they are cliches....then I read other posts by the same people and I have to scratch my head...."Yesterday they said that, and how they needed to do so and so....today they're saying this" WHICH IS IT???

I will not elaborate, but I really wonder if people can comprehend what is actually happening here....I wonder how some people have gotten through the the pre-op Physc. Eval....

Then I hear reports how the Lap band success rate is low...I read everyday about "Failures" and "Getting back on track"........does not surprise me one bit.

So yes....WE must make changes in order to let the band do it's thing....we must change, PERMANENTLY to make a life style change.....if you're not willing to do that, then stay with "Weight Watchers" or something similar.....but this is surgery....SERIOUS STUFF...not shopping for a new pair of shoes....

OK, so much for my morning rant....heading to the gym when they open a 6am today.....

I think this thread has gotten completely off topic. The original post was not about name calling or point fingers at people who lose at a slower rate.

It was simply about accountability for our own actions. I know I will not have lost any weight when I step in the scale this morning. Why? Because I had a slice of pizza last night. And I take responsibility for that.

While this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it is not ok to call each other names or taunt other people. We are all adults and should act accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

True enough. I admit that during my journey I have become complacent from time to time... After the 100 lb. mark especially. Where I slide the most is never solids, it's always liquids. Being close or at my sweet spot for some time, I generally can't eat more than a cup of solid food but oh man, do I love coffee with cream, frappuccinos, mocha lattes... etc. I have been at a plateau this past year, and it's time to go back to restricting the type of beverages I love. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Thank you mega & sai! Exactly!

In an effort to get back on track.... If you aren't losing there is a reason why. It's not because the band isn't working unless your dr has told you such.

It is my theory that everyone is accountable for themselves and most people posting on this forum know the right and wrong way to treat a band. Some people have more Experince and put it out there for less seasoned people to get some advice or a new or different point of view. But we need to remember that said advise is based only on personal experiences and all questions should directed to your doctor.

Just a little reminder about the rules we all agreed to abide by when signing up for LapBandTalk.