Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you're not loosing...

Also' date=' there are many which post the same questions, rather than read the threads. If they did, they wouldn't need to re ask the same thing over and over. Forums are made yes to ask and vent, but not to rehash the same thing all the freaking time.[/quote']

Then what would be the point of having a Lapband forum? I seriously do not understand this.

And, I also stated, sorry if I offended anyone, but I guess you didn't read that either.

I'm not a jerk, but I know you have to change, and if you don't change and stay on your pity pot, you won't loose either. Just as my one friend who was banded and walks around with milkshakes everyday, wondering shy she's gained!!

Get over it. I'm in a very good place, I have the right attitude, making positive changes, so suck it!! Boo-yah!

I have made changes al Pacino and have lost 50 pounds, off bp meds, and exercise almost every day thankyouverymuch. I'm just saying I lose exactly the same rate and the same difficulty as prelapband. People are allowed to be disappointed. Doesn't mean they're quitters. Just need encouraged by people that it will work out

The band is not designed to stop us from eating those foods....it is supposed to curb our appetite and allow us to go for longer periods without eating or snacking.

I know' date=' but as for me, I have yet to experience this benefit. Sometimes I'd like to be able to freely complain about it.

Again, sorry if I offended you but don't agree with people placing a forgein object in their body without doing some major research.

You didn't offend me.

I think it is fine to complain....it is nice to know that there are people out there that are going through the same thing as you.

What bothers me are the same people asking why they can eat over a cup of food and why the band isn't stopping them. If they had done some research, they would know that the band isn't supposed to stop them from eating anything, just help us curb our appetite.

Good luck with your journey!

I do think that there are some members who are quick losers who look down their noses at those of us who are slow losers.

As mentioned above by another poster I also follow the band rules and exercise 7 days a week. I don't drink I don't buy candy. But in general I'm a slow loser and am currently at a plateau. I finally made an appointment with an oncologist to discuss possible thyroid problems as recommended by my weight loss doctor.

Some people on this site do project an attitude that if you aren't losing at the rate they're losing then you clearly are a cheater and lazy.

I did a lot of research before my surgery and I don't think the band is failing me. In fact I think I have a genetic problem.

I just think some people on this site should consider the tone of their posts.

IMHO and YMMV.... but I think while people need to do research and be accountable about their health... I think the weight loss industry and the WLS industry have some real hacks out there who take advantage of some people's lack of knowledge , lack of insight and sometimes even their mental health issues in order to make money. People do want the easy solution, and they are sold that, even though we know none of it is easy, and patients are frustrated when magic doesn't happen.

Not to remove responsibility from the person who makes the.final decision to have the medical procedure, or pay the weight loss center... but to say, some folks are just not prepared for what it takes, and the providers need to ensure that they are.

At the same time, we have to be willing to "own it"... whatever. I know my loss is slower because I've chosen to keep my band on the loose side and rely on previous methods of calorie reduction... done mostly by Portion Control (but still not the 1/2 cup my surgeon wants) and exercising my ass off. Why? Because I know myself well enough that if i change things too drastically I set myself up for a house of cards that will come falling down the minute the slightest breeze blows .

I'm a foodie , I love to cook, drink and enjoy life . Luckily that includes exercise and mostly healthy foods. So increasing one and cutting portions of the other is a realistic plan for me. And the band helps me a lot with that. It's just slower going.

But overall I feel more fantastic than ever, look pretty damned good and am happy. :)

Again I'm a mutant. If I have too few calories I stall completely. However if I start packing in the Protein my weight just flies off. In the past 4 days I've dropped three pounds (21 days post op with no fill). However I still am not up to a cup of food either but the meals I am eating are strictly protein with a little spinach or some other veggie...no taters or starch of any kind. But I have to agree that I think some docs don't fill in their patients completely and some people don't research enough. I googled and you tube'd and attending seminars and talked to people that had the procedure done ages ago. But, I'm like that about everything...inquiring minds want to know. And since I'm not a pill popper or a big fan of any kind of major medical intervention I made darn well sure I knew everything I possibly could before investing the time, money and effort into getting this done. For me, it was the right choice but even my doc warns patients about the band and makes sure that they know its the hardest of the weight loss surgeries to deal with and that so many people gain weight because of sliders and liquid calories. To sum it up you have to be very well informed and mentally ready before being banded. I wish major luck to all that have it. Bit can be done but we have to exercise will and want power. :-)

I'm sorry, but I just need to say it. Some of you really annoy the piss out of me. The reason for the forum is so people can vent and ask questions.

Not so long ago all of you were fat, and I wonder how many times you all heard " well it's common sense dear, if u want to lose weight just exercise and eat better!".... Did you all follow that common sense, and very true advice? No, you didn't! Do u want people judging you because you didn't heed that advice and instead got a foreign object In your body?

If the band works quicker for you, that's great! But some people including myself are going to lose slower. I also know some of you have the band with plication..... Now did you ever stop to think its probably physically easier for you to follow the rules?

Jerks.

I am not sure if I annoy you because I have been successful but if I have offended you or anyone else by posting that i believe its simple math if you eat less calories than you burn you should lose weight.....it wasn't my intent. It's what I believe....doesn't make it right or wrong.... It's just my opinion. If its annoying then ignore it.

I lost 220 lbs in just under 2 years. I don't know if it's fast or slow. I just know that I chose not to cheat because I wanted to get to my goal in the least amount of time possible as long as it was healthy. I didn't get the band to lose the weight. I got the band to help me keep it off. Of course the benefit was that it helped me be less hungry during the losing stage so I was able to stick to my diet better than the numerous other times I have tried.

You said the reason for the forum to to vent and ask questions. I agree but I also think its for gaining knowledge from like minded people and listening to those who came before us shed some light on the obstacles we have yet to experience. I take what I need out of this forum and leave the rest on the table.

Everyone charts their own course, if yours works for you then that's wonderful. If it doesn't I hope you can gain the insight you are looking for to have an easier time.

Kinda hard to ignore when it's the same catty people on every thread, every day. How about u ignore the repetitive questions that annoy you instead?

I have numerous questions I'd like to ask but I rarely do, because I sit there and think, "who's gonna criticize this?" And now apparently I have to also think "has this question been asked before?".

Here's a heads up from miss Cleo on da free psychic line.... Dem people be askin yuh dos questions again tomorrow child.

This is a Lapband forum and the questions will always be, what can I eat post op, how come I can eat more than a cup, how do I get rid of gas pains, is anyone else constipated, can I drink pop,etc......if this bothers you, you're on the wrong forum

Wow...another thread gone wrong as a result of people interpreting the exact same words two entirely different ways.

No one said anything against slow losers anywhere on this thread. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a slow loser. We all lose at our rates and in our own ways. The thread is about people who simply are not losing (at all) or even gaining.

I might also add, everything said is 100% correct. Like it or not, it is as simple as basic math. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. It may be slow, and it may not come off easily, but it will come off. Likewise if someone isn't losing at all then unless there's a medical issue at play they need to change something they're doing (or not doing).

I've been around these boards for a year now and there are very few catty, critical people here. Are there any? Yes, but thankfully they are the minority. The majority of the time people are labeled catty or critical simply for speaking the truth. I have a newsflash for you- just because you don't like the truth doesn't make it any less true nor does it make the person speaking it critical. It makes them honest. Many of us here (like myself) don't do the whole coddle thing. If you post something expect an honest response. If you don't like it, then get a blog where people can't respond in ways that ruffle your feathers.

This thread's original post spoke the truth, nothing more and nothing less.

How'd I know you'd put your 2 cents in....hmmmm

Oh you have an issue with me? I'd pretend to care but I'm a horrible liar.

Best wishes :D

Ohhhh burrrnnn!!!

I think ur a little too know-it-all, so yeah, I knew u were comin.

Best wishes to you and ur tiny cutlery too

I agree with most of you

1. People should read up on the "foreign object" you are putting in your body and should be aware of the pro/cons of getting any type of WLS and any possible complications. For me I debated 2 years on which surgery I wanted I decided on lap-band but I didn't expect half the crap I deal with now. Constantly cold to the point where I was diagnosed with Raynauds phenomenon. My throat closing up when my sinuses get infected. Not being able to eat when I'm pissed off. Losing so much weight that my tailbone hurts when i sit. Low blood pressure to the point where i'm constantly dizzy. Port pain because it rubs against my desk at work. Port pain while having sex (TMI oops) That was not listed on anything I researched.

2. Yes a lot of the questions on this forum are repeated almost everyday but who has time to go through all the topics and find one that best matches what you want to ask. Its easier to ask the freaken question. There are quite a few people who post on almost every thread. Who has time for that? I'm all for helping people who need advice but I'm not going to live on this forum. What gets me are those who are quick to offer advice when they haven't been banded long or banded at all

3. There are a few know it alls on this forum that appear to look down at certain people for being human and make mistakes. I eat bread. I eat Cookies. I freaken love donuts. Do I eat them everyday? Of course not duh that's what made me fat to begin with. I've managed to lose over 80lbs in 11 months with NO FILLs. Could I have lost more? Hell yeah. I gained 15lbs and have since lost 10 of those lbs. Who's at fault? ME!!! I don't need people to scold me or tap my hand and say what I'm doing is bad. Usually when I choose to post on here it's because I'm looking to speak to someone who is banded and can relate to the issues I have. None of my close friends or family are banded so I can't get advice from them.

I rarely get on this forum now. I'm happy I've met people on this forum that became friends. I can text them and complain to them about being hungry or wanting chocolate without being judged.