Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do you like it in the morning, the evening or the afternoon ?

Your workout, that is! ;)

I tend to really peak in the early afternoon. I've never been that physically energized early in the AM. Races are rough for me for that reason, they all start so fanned early.

On a day off, I usually get my run or workout in around 1-3pm. Work days leave me with little choice but to hit the gym around 5-7 pm ( I start teaching pretty early). I've even taken a 7 pm Zumba class. And I sleep like a baby after.

Maybe it's more because it's what I'm used to? I dunno, but my body needs time to get going, then... I can go all night.(I love dancing all night!)

So I know there are some avowed morning folks here ( looking at you B-52!) What about everyone else? When do you like to do it?

BTW, for "it" afternoons, all the way.... ;)

Evening for me, but not always practical. Dring term time I run at 6 am - leaves me time to go to the gym in the evening without having to worry about cardio and even if I blow off the gym at least I an.

Even now, I'm suffering from anemia to the point where I'm having an iv infusion on Tuesday. I'm beyond exhausted, luckily it's school holidays here for the summer so I can nap and take it easy - I still tend to recover and regain energy in the evening nd can go out for a run (only to feel like death the next morning, lol).

Evening for me. Having an after work routine seems to work best for me. Weekends are when I try to mix it up and do different things at different times of the day though.

Evening for me' date=' but not always practical. Dring term time I run at 6 am - leaves me time to go to the gym in the evening without having to worry about cardio and even if I blow off the gym at least I an.

Even now, I'm suffering from anemia w to the point where I'm having an iv infusion on Tuesday. I'm beyond exhausted, luckily it's school holidays here for the summer so I can nap and take it easy - I still tend to recover and regain energy in the evening nd can go out for a run (only to feel like death the next morning, lol).[/quote']

Wow! Hope you're feeling better once you get your tank topped off!!

I also like evenings because I get finished after the awful evening rush.hour traffic and it cuts my drive time home in half!

Evening for me. Having an after work routine seems to work best for me. Weekends are when I try to mix it up and do different things at different times of the day though.

Exactly! In fact for us, we have to get started earlier on hike day which can be a little tough!

I am only able to work out on my days off, because I work 12 hr shifts and commute an hour each way, so there's no time left if I want to be able to get a decent amount of sleep. Although I am hopeful that working out regularly might help me need less sleep!

So, on my days off, I am finding that even though I am not a morning person, if I work out right after dropping the kids off at school, I am more likely to get it done. If I procrastinate and wait until later in the day I am more likely to find excuses and/or legit reasons to not do it.

I am only able to work out on my days off' date=' because I work 12 hr shifts and commute an hour each way, so there's no time left if I want to be able to get a decent amount of sleep. Although I am hopeful that working out regularly might help me need less sleep!

So, on my days off, I am finding that even though I am not a morning person, if I work out right after dropping the kids off at school, I am more likely to get it done. If I procrastinate and wait until later in the day I am more likely to find excuses and/or legit reasons to not do it.[/quote']

I'm a nurse, too . I teach now so I have a.more "normal" schedule, but for sure when I worked 12s that was it for me too. Workouts were on the 3 or 4 days ( I was per diem so I usually worked less) I had off, and that always worked for me. When I went to a clinic and worked 4 ten hour days, then I got into trouble, I was too tired to workout on work days and just 3 days a week wasn't enough.

I work out in the morning right after a light Breakfast. If I don't do it then, ill find excuses throughout the day. I'm not a morning person either so I set my alarm early enough for me to get up and relax a half hour before I start.

I'm a nurse too, but my shifts are usually 9-10 hours and they exhaust me, so I can only imagine how hard it is for y'all to make yourself do it. My feet, legs, and back KILL me and i have to force myself to exercise. Gone are the days I volunteered for double 16 hour shifts lol. Not worth it!

I work out in the morning right after a light Breakfast. If I don't do it then' date=' ill find excuses throughout the day. I'm not a morning person either so I set my alarm early enough for me to get up and relax a half hour before I start.

I'm a nurse too, but my shifts are usually 9-10 hours and they exhaust me, so I can only imagine how hard it is for y'all to make yourself do it. My feet, legs, and back KILL me and i have to force myself to exercise. Gone are the days I volunteered for double 16 hour shifts lol. Not worth it![/quote']

That's nice that your shifts are shorter. 12 hr shifts are brutal. I have pretty long days teaching now, too. I teach nursing skills in the lab, so it's like being in the hospital all day, but luckily the patients can throw up, poop or die :)

I am only able to work out on my days off' date=' because I work 12 hr shifts and commute an hour each way, so there's no time left if I want to be able to get a decent amount of sleep. Although I am hopeful that working out regularly might help me need less sleep!

So, on my days off, I am finding that even though I am not a morning person, if I work out right after dropping the kids off at school, I am more likely to get it done. If I procrastinate and wait until later in the day I am more likely to find excuses and/or legit reasons to not do it.[/quote']

I'm the same way but I work nights and don't have such a commute. I try to get up by 3 so I can at least get 45 min of cardio in before having to cook dinner and get ready for work. I feel more energized at work but by 4-5 am I'm hitting a wall. Oh the joys of nights.

I work out in the morning right after a light breakfast. If I don't do it then' date=' ill find excuses throughout the day. I'm not a morning person either so I set my alarm early enough for me to get up and relax a half hour before I start.

I'm a nurse too, but my shifts are usually 9-10 hours and they exhaust me, so I can only imagine how hard it is for y'all to make yourself do it. My feet, legs, and back KILL me and i have to force myself to exercise. Gone are the days I volunteered for double 16 hour shifts lol. Not worth it![/quote']

That's so true! I remember working doubles and picking up overtime. Now it's a battle to just do my 2 -12 hr shifts a week! I work nights and try to keep a daytime schedule for my kids and its wearing me out! Although since I've had the Lapband I do feel so much better! It's def easier for me to exercise in the morning. Then I don't get sidetracked by all the other things that need done!