Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Not Fair, I Feel Like I'm Being Set Up!!

Ditto Maddy! If it took longer than five minutes to microwave or longer than 15 minutes to bake I wasn't having it. I actually am spending less now because being single I make a dish and OMG the leftovers!!! Something I never had much of before!

Are you kidding me?!! Boycott a store because they put some yummy, sugary, pastries on sale? This is about taking responsibility for you choices and actions. That would be like an alcoholic saying, "Poor me, I'm trying to stop drinking, but alcohol is everywhere. They even sell beer and wine at the grocery store!" How about a law against fast food restaurants, all you can eat buffets, donuts, sodas, candy? I don't mean to sound harsh and flame me if you want but the whining and blaming have to stop. Perhaps those of us with overweight parents and grandparents should just give up. It's their fault too that were fat!

It's not like we walk in to a store and if you're overweight, you get charged more for your food than the thin people. Perhaps diabetics should complain and get a special discount on what they get.

BTW, overweight people cost this country more money. Overweight people tend to have more health problems, take more sick days from work, go on disability, etc. Someone complained about the cost of weight loss surgery. Well, for heaven's sake, if you weren't obese, you wouldn't need the damn surgery. Of course it cost money. Perhaps plastic surgery should be discounted for unattractive people or people that need it to feel better.

Crap food is cheap, well because it's CRAP. You will eat so little that you'll actually save money....you'll spend it on clothes, though, so it's a wash...except you'll be healthier! Look at the positive, look ahead, but don't even think about the ding dongs!

Are you kidding me?!! Boycott a store because they put some yummy' date=' sugary, pastries on sale? This is about taking responsibility for you choices and actions. That would be like an alcoholic saying, "Poor me, I'm trying to stop drinking, but alcohol is everywhere. They even sell beer and wine at the grocery store!" How about a law against fast food restaurants, all you can eat buffets, donuts, sodas, candy? I don't mean to sound harsh and flame me if you want but the whining and blaming have to stop. Perhaps those of us with overweight parents and grandparents should just give up. It's their fault too that were fat!

It's not like we walk in to a store and if you're overweight, you get charged more for your food than the thin people. Perhaps diabetics should complain and get a special discount on what they get.

BTW, overweight people cost this country more money. Overweight people tend to have more health problems, take more sick days from work, go on disability, etc. Someone complained about the cost of weight loss surgery. Well, for heaven's sake, if you weren't obese, you wouldn't need the damn surgery. Of course it cost money. Perhaps plastic surgery should be discounted for unattractive people or people that need it to feel better.[/quote']

Ummm.....excuse me but I was being sarcastic????? Jeez!

wow...is right....JSD....you made me chuckel this morning.....

OK the bottom line is....... fat and unhealthy or slim and healthy................. we live in a country of choices. A bag of Beans that can last over several meals adding goodies to it or 20.00 on junk.

Some need to take a very hard look at the money that is wasted. And they realize that that they can do it. I have been very poor and very rich it still all comes down to choice.

Ummm.....excuse me but I was being sarcastic????? Jeez!

It's not fair...I was set up! :o LOL!

I think I'm beginning to like this morning check in to the bandsters bantering. ;-) I do see how annoying it is, and was, in our recent history the focus on premade, processed, microwavable, etc. Its frustrating to have the concentration on high fat, high salt, processed foods displayed in all its high definition, juices dripping glory everywhere you look. The same food that if eaten the way they are marketed lead to major health issues and death. I just saw a Popeyes & Dairy Queen commercial and was sick looking at the Fat Baskets they offered on tv. Where's the Veggies guys?!?

However, that being said we as a society are growing educated, it is getting better. The focus on obesity is here. I have stayed away from fast food for the last 5-6 years, only indulging on road trips and I see McDonalds lists calories on their meals now! I was amazed. They're offering apples etc, I believe in my mind those items, processed foods, pop, Mickeys D's, are something that is not a staple diet, something or someplace for convenience and cooking is meant to be done at home. ( can you hear this idealism?) ;-) Everything in moderation, no extremism is how I roll. My problem is three big squares a day, I eat each meal as if its my last, and carbs. We all know what to do, sometimes you just have to b***h to feel better right?