Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get an unfill tomorrow

I had 0.5cc put in Wednesday and it was just too much. It takes me an hour to choke down yogurt. I assume the doctor knows best about how much to take out, but as I'm private pay for my visits, I don't want her to take out too much. I have to say though, I'd much rather have all 0.5 out and go back to where I was than be stuck feeling like this!! I can't imagine why people would go around feeling like this on purpose. :P

Anyway, not that I can eat much anyway, but I assume I have to be Clear liquids the day of an unfill too?

There is no rule about Clear Liquids for an unfill but generally when someone needs an unfill they aren't able to get more then liquids down. 0.5cc can make a huge difference. If you were good before you got the fill then have the full 0.5 removed but if you were hungry and needed more restriction try removing 0.2-0.3cc and see if that works. It is a small amount but it really does make a huge difference. I have a very touchy band and have had to have those small adjustments before. i am also private pay so i understand about the cost to keep readjusting your band. I have had my band almost 2 years and I have never been able to tolerate more then 2cc total in my band.

The choice is yours but are you having all the problems that go along with a band being too full. As stated above usually when you need an unfil you can not pass liquids and you have reflux when you try to ly down. I also have a very sensative band and I have had to have one partial unfil in two years but I could not pass Water without refluxing. My last fill took me a little over a week before i was able to really eat the way I wanted to. I had to gradually work my way back to solid foods and solid Protein. I hope you get some relief, it is miserable not being able to eat solid food. Good luck tomorrow,

They took out 0.25 cc and I feel much better! I say to anyone out there, if you are worried you're too tight, go get some taken out rather than suffer!

I had a fill yesturday I couldn't even keep Water down all night without refluxing or PB so i went in todayI really wanted him to remove 1cc( he put in 2cc) but he said .5cc should do it I don't feel any better so far(it's only been 1hour) does it take a while after the unfill the nurse said I am probably swollen and tender do to all the vomiting but if I am still vomiting how is that going to change I am very worried I have lost 6lb in 24hour and my blood suger is getting pretty low i don't want to be a buggaboo but I think I should go back in what do you think? or at least go get an IV drip to get my fluids back up