Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over.... Again

I am 4 years out from Surgery I lost 160 lbs and kept if off till this last 6 months. I had issues with my band so they took out saline and I was always hungry so like in the pst I ate. I have gained 30 lbs and not happy with myself. I see my doc on Monday to discuss my issues and get a fill and get back on track. I joined the gym and plan to start working out again. Its a tough road loosing weight and I remind myself the band is only a tool to help me out.

Good luck to all of you and this is a great support group

Has anyone ever tried the 5 day pouch test to get back on track?

I just finished my 5 days! It did get me back on track! Sometimes I think we just have to go back to the beginning to realize how powerful of tool the band is if we remember to work with it! Good luck and give it a try, it can't hurt!

I just finished my 5 days! It did get me back on track! Sometimes I think we just have to go back to the beginning to realize how powerful of tool the band is if we remember to work with it! Good luck and give it a try, it can't hurt!

You said it sister!!!

I am 4 years out from Surgery I lost 160 lbs and kept if off till this last 6 months. I had issues with my band so they took out saline and I was always hungry so like in the pst I ate. I have gained 30 lbs and not happy with myself. I see my doc on Monday to discuss my issues and get a fill and get back on track. I joined the gym and plan to start working out again. Its a tough road loosing weight and I remind myself the band is only a tool to help me out.

Good luck to all of you and this is a great support group

I gained around 40 pounds in the last 2 years. I had the band for 4 years at that point and thought my weight would never go back up! I was so sure that I got rid of all my "fat clothes" and only kept anything size 6 or under. Then my dads cancer returned and it was stage 4, he was terminal. I fell apart. I didn't really turn to food, I just didn't use the band correctly! Then he passed away and less than 6 months later my 24 year old niece died unexpectedly from lung problems. Because I have gained weight some might judge that I have learned nothing about my problems with food. However, sometimes life just throws us a curve! We are all human and we can't be perfect! Our end goal is health! So let's make a pact between those of us that need to wipe the slate clean, pick ourselves up by our bootstraps, and restart the journey we committed to! Here is to health, peace, and the comfort to know that we are surrounded by people who will be there to support us, encourage us, and be by our side though our journey to health!

I gained around 40 pounds in the last 2 years. I had the band for 4 years at that point and thought my weight would never go back up! I was so sure that I got rid of all my "fat clothes" and only kept anything size 6 or under. Then my dads cancer returned and it was stage 4' date=' he was terminal. I fell apart. I didn't really turn to food, I just didn't use the band correctly! Then he passed away and less than 6 months later my 24 year old niece died unexpectedly from lung problems. Because I have gained weight some might judge that I have learned nothing about my problems with food. However, sometimes life just throws us a curve! We are all human and we can't be perfect! Our end goal is health! So let's make a pact between those of us that need to wipe the slate clean, pick ourselves up by our bootstraps, and restart the journey we committed to! Here is to health, peace, and the comfort to know that we are surrounded by people who will be there to support us, encourage us, and be by our side though our journey to health![/quote']

No judgement, life has thrown you some tough curveballs. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Happy to offer all the support I can. I know all of you will do great.

(((cyber hugs)))

Has anyone ever tried the 5 day pouch test to get back on track?

What is this 5 day pouch test? I've haven't heard if this before.

Ok so here is my story. I hesitated to post until now. I was banded march 08. I lost a ton of weight. But like so many others' date=' took my eye off the ball and it slowly creeped back up. So as of December 10 2012 I am back on the program. That means that Ihalf way through my fourth week. I decided to get active. I walk like it is a parttime job . I use the excuse that I work so much anyway i did not have to work out....lie number one. Aso told myself that sincr I recently got married and had kids that it was "natural" that I put on 90 pounds.... lie number two. But I am young I have plenty of time to lose the weight.... you guessed it lie number three. Ok so I finally quit lying to myself.. As i stated getting active... walking is a must for me I have also bought an elliptical machine which I love... I have relized that I have a food adiction and I am getting help for it. I found a great book written by Steven Arterburn called "Lose it for life" There is a great bunch of ideas and it helps you deal with the addiction as well as the weight loss and keeping it off. Anyway I plan on posting more on my new start. With the Lords help I will make it happen for good this time. Currently I am down 14 pounds from my restart weight of 291. As of Monday 12-31 I was 277. Please feel free to leave comments or some encouragement if you would like to. Thanks![/quote']

Well done you! I am just starting my own battle to get back on track after putting weight on. We can do this!!! X

This is the five day pouch test! Worked for getting me back on track!

2 days liquid

1 day soft Protein

1 day firm Protein

1 day solid protein......this is for anyone who thinks they have stretched out their pouch, regained weight, or just get back on track!

Well done you! I am just starting my own battle to get back on track after putting weight on. We can do this!!! X

Welcome everyone! This is our time! We can do this!

I went to store today and got my shakes and Protein for the 5 day pouch test. It's gonna be tough but I can do this.

I went to store today and got my shakes and Protein for the 5 day pouch test. It's gonna be tough but I can do this.

Well the toughest part is committing to doing it! You have obviously committed by going to the store and getting your shakes! Hardest part done! The 5 days will fly by! Can't wait to hear in 5 days how great you feel about being back on track! It's not than you CAN do it, it's that you WILL do it!

This is the five day pouch test! Worked for getting me back on track!

2 days liquid

1 day soft Protein

1 day firm Protein

1 day solid protein......this is for anyone who thinks they have stretched out their pouch' date=' regained weight, or just get back on track![/quote']

I dont understand this can u give me examples of food...ive never followed a plan broken into food groups x

2 day liquid....protein shakes, clear broth, Water, tea, sugar free Gelatin, sugar free pudding...very important to stay hydrated!!!!!!

1 day soft Protein....eggs, tuna, soft fish (talapia, orange roughy)

1 day firm protein.....ground beef, chicken, or turkey, Scallops, lobster, clams, etc..

1 day firm protein....White meat poultry, beef steak, lamb, pork

Hope this helps, any other questions just let me know! I'm glad to help!