Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

high protein breakfast ideas

Ok Ive been eating 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white and turkey sausage. I know im not supposed to eat eggs everyday but im having trouble finding other Breakfast ideas that keep me feeling full. Im not a huge yogurt fan but i do like cottage cheese. I wouldn't want it alone just for breakfast but i Cant think of a whole lot of things to eat that have high Protein. I like malt o meal and oatmeal but they Dont have a lot of protein either. Im kind of stuck i guess. any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! Also im trying to limit my carb intake to only having bread/pasta once a day. I know basically everything has carbs but im tying to slowly limit mine!

If you get the quaker oatmeal weight control it does have 7 grams of Protein in it. Cottage cheese, I eat eggs everyday and my cholesterol is fine. You can eat hummus, couscous, I also eat black bean casserole for breakfast which is good. Recipes.com has tons of protein meals. You don't always have to eat breakfast food for breakfast.

Dont forget there is no rule that says you have to eat breakfast foods.

I have been unable to eat anything solid first thing in the morning for quite some time now.....gets better as the day goes on....

So, for about 18 months, I make a high Protein smoothie every morning....

Starting with 100% whey, for 25gm protein....

To this I had 15gm pure liquid Protein.....(medical grade)

For flavor I add anything from mixed berries, pineapple, mango, banana, Peanut Butter, chocolate, coffee, just about anything you imagination can conjure...

Mix it all in a blender with either Water or skim milk, and a ice cube or two....

I also add a non-thickening Fiber supplement.......

So I start the day with 40gm Protein, manageable calories, etc.....and ENERGY and NO HUNGER throughout the day....

I cannot imagine food I could eat to match that...IF I were able to eat i the morning....

The gym I go to 5 days a week also has a "juice Bar" where they make recovery shakes - smoothies.....

I'm not a big breakfast person, Monday-Friday while getting ready for work, so I stick to 1 cup coffee black and 1 costco Protein shake. Seems to hold me until lunch time, 90% of the time. Then at work in my office I obtained permission to purchase a small college dorm refridgerator and I stock it with Protein shakes, SF jello's, Apple sauce and Nonfat Greek yogurt. A nice supply of Crystal lights in a cabinet, lite oatmeal individuals and SF popsicles that I freeze a couple overnight.

Best wishes

Wow lots of suggestions thanks so much! I was always raised to eat breakfast at breakfast so its weird to think of anything else besides that Haha i eat breakfast for dinner sometimes so i Dont understand why my brain is stuck lol i was def worried about my cholesterol this morning i did the sausage with only egg whites Haha

who says you cant eat eggs?

i have them on the weekends but during the week, for breakfast i drink a chocolate Protein shake....maybe some oatmeal if i feel like i need to eat something.....like cheryl said, lots of sites online giving Protein filled foods. find ones you like and enjoy..that is what i do..all the best :)

i have them on the weekends but during the week' date=' for breakfast i drink a chocolate Protein shake....maybe some oatmeal if i feel like i need to eat something.....like cheryl said, lots of sites online giving Protein filled foods. find ones you like and enjoy..that is what i do..all the best :)[/quote']

I say that cause i worry about my cholesterol. Not big on the Liquid Protein shakes but i will defy look for some recipes!

i have them on the weekends but during the week' date=' for breakfast i drink a chocolate Protein shake....maybe some oatmeal if i feel like i need to eat something.....like cheryl said, lots of sites online giving Protein filled foods. find ones you like and enjoy..that is what i do..all the best :)[/quote']

I say that cause i worry about my cholesterol. Not big on the liquid protein shakes but i will defy look for some recipes!

I say that cause i worry about my cholesterol. Not big on the liquid Protein shakes but i will defy look for some recipes!

i hear you on that part. i think those egg beater or subsitutes may be okay in that area....congrats on getting healthy :)

if you come across some good recipes, let me know

Google dr oz and eggs.

Also you can use egg whites or I think the egg beaters are good. You have many choices besides shakes for breakfast. If you don't need a shake you will be better eating solids. Most who do shakes in the morning are tight or in a hurry

i hear you on that part. i think those egg beater or subsitutes may be okay in that area....congrats on getting healthy :)

if you come across some good recipes' date=' let me know[/quote']

Thanks. Yeah im doing egg whites i think that should be good and if i do i will share.

Google dr oz and eggs.

Also you can use egg whites or I think the egg beaters are good. You have many choices besides shakes for breakfast. If you don't need a shake you will be better eating solids. Most who do shakes in the morning are tight or in a hurry

Ok I will do that later thanks. I used egg whites this morning thanks. Yeah im looking into other choices. I havent had any shakes i Dont prefer them. The liquid goes right thru me! Like u said i would only drink them if i was in a hurry

You can try turkey slices,cheese sticks,bananna or apple with peanutbutter (my fav),today I had cottage cheese n sugar free peaches, yogurt..I personally haven't had Protein Shakes since post op I rather eat my calories lol, when I get fills I do use Liquid Protein for a day or two mixed with sugar free cranberry juice.< /p>

I say go with the oatmeal and add a scoop of the UNflavored UNJury; it is a big jump start to have breakfast and Protein ~ seems to work for me :)