Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1/2 cup a food????

I wanted to know how many people really eat only a half a cup of food per meal. I have a bigger band at 14cc with 5cc of Fluid in it. I'm eating about a little under a cup but my Dr. Wants me at 1/2 cup. What do y'all think?

Well, until you have restriction and in the green zone; the 1/2 cup is a challenge. . . or at least it is for me.

I had lap band surgery in April 2012; I also have an AP Large Lap Band that will hold 14 cc's; currently have 9 cc's; still not in the "zone" . . . go in for another fill on January 9th.

i eat about a cup of food when i eat

i cant speak for after fills as i dont have any (yet)

but i guess each dr's are different

mine and my nut said stay at a cup.

I was advised to do 1 cup per meal. Sometimes I can actually do this and other times, I cannot. I just tried to eat a Protein Bar and could only eat half, it fluctuates.

I was told 1 cup but I guess it's all pending on your doctor can't even imagine eating a half cup

To me half a cup seems crazy...but that's what I was told. I guess with another fill of about 2cc I should be kinda there. Thanks for all the input. I just can't see myself only eating half a cup seems too little. It's pretty much just a half a piece of chicken and thats it. I just hope I get to the green zone soon. Good news is that I'm still continuing to lose weight despite this little hiccup.

I have a 14cc band. I eat less to 1/2 a cup. Yes you will but not for a while. It will be satisfying. Everyone is different don't compare yourself to anyone it will happen when your body is ready

@zinhaa how much Fluid do you have in your band?

That is one thing I do need to work on...I find myself always comparing myself to other banders but I just want to be where my doc wants me to be. I should be getting another fill January 9th so maybe then I'll be closer in the green zone

I was always told one cup,protien first most of us on here do a cup there is a few like you told to do 1/2 cup that seems so hard to do. I have a 10cc band and didn't feel any help until I reach 6.5cc and I am never hungry and I make sure I eat every 4-5 hours so I don't get hungry and eat to fast or something quick then it get stuck and hurts then I can eat anything. You have to listen to your body and sorta of take the average of what you You aren't going to feel full , you will feel satisfied or just not hungry. gl to you . you can do it

Thats what i was told too. Im okay eith the half cup but there is no way of getting in the calories needed for the day. I cant get enough nutrition in. Im eating more than half a cup but im still staying at or right under my caloric intake but i havent had any fills either so we will see.

My doctor says 1/2 cup Protein first. i do it! Don't want to stretch out the baby stomach!

My doctor says 3 oz weighed plus veggies. That is more than 1/2 a cup.

Half cup is 4 oz. i eat three of hose a day. Your band size doesn't matter.