Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Reposting here' date=' since we are all at the same time frame.

I was banded on 1/31/13. Down 43lbs to date, but the first 40 pretty much came off easily between Jan - May including 2 fills, then I stalled all summer at about 40lbs lost. I held stead for 3 months, had 1 fill but it didn't do much during that time. After meeting with my NP 2 weeks ago she suggested a drastic calorie cut (1000 vs 1600 I had been at) and up my cardio to 60 mins 7d/wk. (I was doing 40mins/5x/wk) She explained 40lbs tends to be a big sticking point for people.

So far, with my fill 2 weeks ago and 5x a week 1hour+ cardio sessions things are starting to move, down 3lbs in 2 weeks. Very much struggling with my food though, I can't seem to get below 1400cal without being starving. My food choices are good and I am hitting 80g+ of Protein. I just feel like since I burn about 1000cal with my workout, to eat 1000cal/day which would be a net of 0 cals/day is unachievable. [/quote']

Are you getting good restriction right now? Able to go 4-5 hours without being hungry? I barely fit in 900 calories a day but that's cuz I'm just not hungry. I never think about eating. I finally found the green zone after 6 fills. Banded 1/30/13. Down 45 pounds. Hit platue from May until July then got the right amount of restriction end of July and the pounds are coming off again...

I do feel like I can go 3-4 hours depending on the meal, but a cup of food doesn't cut it, I need a chicken breast plus veggies and maybe cheese or fruit to feel full at a meal but then it lasts.

Hello everyone! Haven't been on here in months!!! I was banded January 25th 2013 and last time I checked ( need new batteries for my scale lol ) I was down 45lbs...am I being stubborn for thinking this is slower process than I thought ? lol :S well that being said... im having a REALLY hard time eating....I am sliming almost all the time... at least once a day... I do have 4 young children and am on the go all the time and so I wonder if its just first bite syndrome every time ? or if I should go get defiled a little.. but I went in for a 2nd fill because I plateaued for like 3 months :S.... hope yall are doing well!!! excited to get back on here and start reading how everyone is doing and look at the pics! God bless !

Hello bandster!!!!!

I had my surgery on the 24th of January. As of today I have lost 55 pounds. I am now a size 6US and a size 10 in UK!!! I know??? Can you believe it? I am now at a healthy weight but still wanna loose 10 pounds more. I am currently 135 pounds. My bad is in the green zone and has been I believe for the past 2 months. Also the band made me understand that it's yourself that needs to realise that you are satisfied NOT full. I can over eat anytime I want, you just need to train yourself to stop!! I have learn also to not be so hard on myself! I treat myself occasionally and then I will cut my food down, it's a give and take process. I also use myfitnesspal to track calories, is the best to keep you guided.

You all doing fantastically, email if any questions

Hey everyone, Just checking in. I had my surgery on Jan. 9th. I hit the 50lb mark today! I'm excited, but feel like I should be further along. I must confess though, I haven't done ANY exercise :P. I know I need to but you know how it goes... I too was stuck at 40 lbs for 3 months. My band has 8.5 in it and I feel like that's all I can take right now. Keep up the good work January 2013 bandsters. WE WILL DO THIS!!!!

I had my surgery on Jan. 21, 2013. I had set a goal for myself to lose 100 pounds first year. I was 326 day of surgery and 247 last Wed. I have 36 days to lose 21 pounds. I think I can gut close. Going to bump up the exercise and be vigilant in tracking and measuring my food. I am also really going to work on my Water intake. I think I can. I think I can!!!

Your ticker says you are one pound away from 100 lost, not 21. I hope it's just a typo because one pound you can do no problem. 21 pounds is a stretch though. Either way, you have already been very successful in your first year. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

I was 346 in December I was 326 the day of surgery.

I was 346 in December I was 326 the day of surgery.

OK, gotcha. Regardless, you've still done a great job. Don't forget...it's just a number. My ticker doesn't reflect my actual goal. I needed to lose enough weight to get joint replacement surgery. I had that surgery in October and my pain is nothing now compared to how it was before and my mobility is so much better. I can walk better and straighter, I can bike now...even go slow on the treadmill. I couldn't do any of that before the surgery. So...however much weight I lost once I dropped those first 70 lbs. has been gravy. The only reason I have 150 as my goal weight is because my primary doc said if I got down to that weight, she'd be thrilled. Heck, I've been thrilled since I got the OK to have the surgery.

My band date is actually 12/20/13. My emotions are everywhere right now because I have only have 5 days til surgery. I'm nervous, excited, happy & sad! I don't know what to do. I've fought for this surgery and was denied twice before they decided to approve me after this 3rd time. I guess it's true what they say- 3x's a charm! I guess I'm having the mixed emotions because this is what I've wanted for the last 2 years and it's finally happening! I've read so many stories about banding, some good, some not so good. I'm going to take everything to heed and 1 day at a time...and stay prayed up that my God bring me through any rough Patches that I endure. I wish everybody well that is being banded before & after me...Good luck all! ;)

Reaching one year for a lot of us...how are we doing thus far?? I'm down 55 pounds and finally started working out lol!! I'm a gym rat now :-)

Reaching one year for a lot of us...how are we doing thus far?? I'm down 55 pounds and finally started working out lol!! I'm a gym rat now :-)

Hello that's amazing! I will do 1 year in January 27th! I have to start going gym lol. I'm a size 8 uk now and was a massive 18!!! Was 14st4 and now 8st13! Feeling great

Hello that's amazing! I will do 1 year in January 27th! I have to start going gym lol. I'm a size 8 uk now and was a massive 18!!! Was 14st4 and now 8st13! Feeling great

Very nice! You look great!!

Wow, thanks for the inspiration this morning! My goal is to Lise 100 and I'm nearly a third of the way there. Good luck to you!