Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

That is friggin' awesome! Brag all you want...you deserve it. I'm doing well. 54 lbs. down so far. No issues either thank goodness. I'm heading to Florida soon and can't wait to do some shopping. I'm waiting till then because I live in NYC and the cost of clothing is so high here. I don't want to spend a whole lot because I'm still losing but I can do Walmart and Target, etc. down there. I've dropped several sizes and have been able to get into things that have been in the back of my closet for years. Very exciting. More important, I'm off one of my blood pressure meds, and have gone from 60 to 20 mgs. on the other one.

Surgery was on 1/30 and I'm down 31 pounds thus far. Very happy with that loss. Had 3 fills so far and am in the green zone. Feels good. Hreat job on all the losses guys!

Congrats everyone! I was banded 1/24, down 35 lbs! I'm loving the new clothes I get to wear, even my feet have shrunk! LOL! And I love that I don't think about food every minute of the day! Keep up the good work everyone! :)

December 21, 2012 345, January 15 Preop app 337, jan 21 surgery 326, today 299

Under 300 makes me very happy!!!

Ok so i tried on a suit today that i haven't worn in 7 years and i can fit it. The pants is a size 10 and the jacket is a 12. I really can't believe it.

Hello all I haven't posted in here in a min. I'm really doing great. I was banded on Jan 21 2013 and have since lost 38 pounds. I'm working out 5 days a week' date=' and I feel great. I also had two fills since being banded. My last fill was on tuesday. I will give it time to see if it helps. But all in all I'm happy. How is everyone else doing.[/quote']

Congrats lady!!!! Way to go...

December 21, 2012 345, January 15 Preop app 337, jan 21 surgery 326, today 299

Under 300 makes me very happy!!!

I am below 300 pounds. The old me wants to go Celebrate by eating something fatty and bad.

how stupid.

The new me went out to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls instead.

I am below 300 pounds. The old me wants to go Celebrate by eating something fatty and bad.

how stupid.

The new me went out to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls instead.

Hey KC,

AWESOME!!! You totally totally get it : ) the type of decision described and mindset will be a big part on your success and more importantly sustained success.

My Mission statement around food is as follows:

Use Food only to nurture and strengthen my body so I can have more exciting and fuller experiences.

Never use food to honor or celebrate a day/person/experience/occasion or to "feel" or to NOT "feel" an emotion such as happiness, sadness, boredom, frustration, panic, fear, stress.

Congrats on your progress!!

Hope in your Future is Power in Your Present!

Lee

Hi fellow January bandsters! I haven't been on in forever! I'm down about 53 pounds! I love Lapband life!!! I (knock on wood) haven't thrown up or had a stuck episode. I was filled at surgery to 3 cc and maybe up for a fill next Friday. Hope everyone is well!

Hi fellow January bandsters! I haven't been on in forever! I'm down about 53 pounds! I love Lapband life!!! I (knock on wood) haven't thrown up or had a stuck episode. I was filled at surgery to 3 cc and maybe up for a fill next Friday. Hope everyone is well!

You are doing awesome. Don't get a fill if you are managing. I am at 3cc and never had another fill. Reached goal in 14 months (down 156 pounds). Don't rush the fills, some of us are very lucky and don't need them.

Hello January Bandsters I was banded Jan 21, 2013. I just wanted to check in and say hi. I am doing great. I feel better then I have in years. I was 346 pounds 12/21/2012, 326 pounds 1/21/2013 and 266 as of the other day. I love love love my band and Water exercise.

Oh that's funny...I was just thinking a few days ago how everyone was doing. That's a great weight loss kca. Keep it up. I'm doing fine as well in that I've lost 73 lbs. since being banded on January 14th. Now down to 194 lbs. and most importantly, I'm now eligible for the full knee replacement surgery I need. My dr. said he expected it would take a year for me to reach this goal and I did it in half the time. I'm hoping for the replacement in September or October and then I can 'gowalking'....lol!

yay, great job both of you! I'm down 72lbs altogether. I have so much more to lose, but I'm feeling super good. I just did the Warrior Dash (a 5k obstacle course) on Saturday, and that was a huge accomplishment that I didn't think I would do just 6 months out. Mind you, I walked half of it and finished in like 5000th place, but I still DID it.

Water exercise is awesome kca1fan, I used to do that before surgery and it was so fun. I would do it again, but my current gym doesn't have a pool.

Gowalking, congrats on qualifying for the knee replacement in half the time! Amazing!

Reposting here, since we are all at the same time frame.

I was banded on 1/31/13. Down 43lbs to date, but the first 40 pretty much came off easily between Jan - May including 2 fills, then I stalled all summer at about 40lbs lost. I held stead for 3 months, had 1 fill but it didn't do much during that time. After meeting with my NP 2 weeks ago she suggested a drastic calorie cut (1000 vs 1600 I had been at) and up my cardio to 60 mins 7d/wk. (I was doing 40mins/5x/wk) She explained 40lbs tends to be a big sticking point for people.

So far, with my fill 2 weeks ago and 5x a week 1hour+ cardio sessions things are starting to move, down 3lbs in 2 weeks. Very much struggling with my food though, I can't seem to get below 1400cal without being starving. My food choices are good and I am hitting 80g+ of Protein. I just feel like since I burn about 1000cal with my workout, to eat 1000cal/day which would be a net of 0 cals/day is unachievable.