Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

I was banded last Friday and let me tell you man am I healing the itching is driving me really crazy today, but on a the other hand today I get mushy foods about to try scrambled eggs yeah me

My itching started yesterday, but woke up this morning and wow it was in full swing. But feel pretty good

I was banded last Friday and let me tell you man am I healing the itching is driving me really crazy today, but on a the other hand today I get mushy foods about to try scrambled eggs yeah me

Yeah you!! How was your week on liquids? I'm on day 4 of post op liquids and so far (knocking on wood) I haven't missed food. I haven't had to cook for the family yet because i made and froze a bunch of casseroles and meals before my surgery.

Room temp chicken broth is gross for me so I'm sticking to Water, apple juice and Popsicles. My stomach still gurgles a lot but I'm hoping its the gas trying to find a way to get out...

Bday2 god luck with mashies today!

Post op day 2, my mushy food start tomorrow. For those that are postop what was the first thing you ate??

Liquids were fine I did add a little canned whipped topping to my Jello that seemed to have helped with the gas as well mushy was good no problems, and as for room temp chicken broth that is gross, I'd try to finish mine when it had gotten cool and down the drain it went I had it as warm or hot as I wanted and it felt good o actually think it soothed my stomach and band, my sister had it dine 15 months ago and she tells me a lot of days she has to have a cup of hot coffee in the mornings or she can't seem to get anything down, but you know everyone is so different

Post op day 2, my mushy food start tomorrow. For those that are postop what was the first thing you ate??

I had liv active chocolate swirl pudding. It is tastey. I found a light banana cream pie yogurt too that was good.

For those of you recently post op or soon to be banded' date=' I'm ten days post op, feeling pretty good though still a little sore around the incisions. First day of mushies....protein shake for breakfast...had two hours of conference calls and didn't want to try to eat while on the phone. But for lunch, scrambled eggs, and a sugar-free pudding for a snack. Just finished some tuna w/ lo-fat mayo for dinner. So far, everything went down just fine and I'm feeling satisfied with 3 oz. of tuna. if i get hungry later...soup maybe. Just wanted to give you all a little update to let you know it gets better. I know we hear that from folks who are months or even years down the road but I wanted to let you know from one newbie to all you newbies what to expect. Congrats to us all making this journey.[/quote']

Good to hear about the food. I am 4 days post op and really feeling good. I have been up and about since I got home from the hospital . Lol. Got a 6 year old son.

I feel like crap was banded and sleeve plication yesterday I'm still I'm hospital. Everyday is getting better still ok with my decision

I was banded yesterday with a hernia repair. Y'all weren't lying about the gas pains, :( I did not get any sleep last night because of the gas pains. The pain meds the dr gave me are not helping at all. My husband went to buy me a heating pad and some gas x strips. Hopefully that will help.

Have felt pretty good day 4 postop, ended up with a Migraine. I was allowed to take my imitrix which really helped. I did get to start eating creamed Soup or yogurt. I ate a little Greek yogurt for Breakfast and tried a little cream soup for lunch, I'm sticking with the yogurt. Tasted better LOL. The gas pain is almost gone. The heating pad worked great. Good luck to everyone!

Got banded today! Wow was I in a ton of pain earlier. Now I feel pretty good, praise God!!! I've even been able to eat a little chicken broth. The walking definitely helps :)

I was banded on the 14th and today was day 2 on mushies. I've had so far, scrambled eggs, tuna fish w/ mayo, egg salad w/ mayo and tonight...soup and a large tablespoon of hummus. I can't believe how good the hummus is. I'm sure it's just being able to eat food again that makes it so tasty, but I'll take it.

Well I survived surgery. Was in at 630 home by 730pm. I never realized how much it hurts to crawl in and out of bed. Walked every hour at the hospital. Now I'm propped in bed, heating pad on and took some hydrocodone and 2 gas x strips. Hopefully ill sleep like a baby! Please tell me it gets better each day?!

Well I survived surgery. Was in at 630 home by 730pm. I never realized how much it hurts to crawl in and out of bed. Walked every hour at the hospital. Now I'm propped in bed' date=' heating pad on and took some hydrocodone and 2 gas x strips. Hopefully ill sleep like a baby! Please tell me it gets better each day?![/quote']

I'm 4 days out and it does get better each day. Make sure you drink plenty and walk. That really helps.

Well I survived surgery. Was in at 630 home by 730pm. I never realized how much it hurts to crawl in and out of bed. Walked every hour at the hospital. Now I'm propped in bed, heating pad on and took some hydrocodone and 2 gas x strips. Hopefully ill sleep like a baby! Please tell me it gets better each day?!

I was banded w/plication on Monday and I feel good today. I had one bad night of gas pain in my shoulders. I get tired easily but I am not in pain. Rest and drink! Congrats!