Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

My surgery fate is Jan 21st. I am both scared and excited at the same time. Is this normal?

I am scheduled for surgery on the 21st as well. I feel the same way. I am ready though. This will be great for both of us!

I'm so grateful for this thread. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 25th. I'm very excited for the new me but am nervous about the surgery. I have a history of not doing well with anesthesia from previous surgeries. Overall my preop diet is going well and I haven't cheated. My well wishes and prayers are with all of you as we go on this journey together. What a fantastic opportunity we've been given to improve our health! :)

This post is so helpful. Have been battling in my mind. Any Spirit filled Christians out there?

Absolutely!! :)

This post is so helpful. Have been battling in my mind. Any Spirit filled Christians out there?

Right here!

Hello,

Day 1 of the 14 day diet is winding down. I do have a slight headache, but all else seems good, I have had two bariatic advantage shakes, and 1 bar so far. It all seemed fine until I came home and turned on the TV. The fast food commercials are killing me. I am craving something warm. I am permitted to have broth, but of course do not have any. Does anyone know if

bullion cubes are ok? I keep telling myself why I am doing this, and that helps alot,

Thanks, Daron

Hi everyone! I was anticipating a liquid diet before my January 28 surgery, however after my preop support group meeting I learned I don't have to do one. Does anyone else not have a liquid diet? Does anyone think I should do one a week before anyway? I'm a bit confused

Mine only requires clear liquid the day before and day of. They are all different. I was told just don't go crazy with the last supper syndrome.

I am aloud bullion cubes as much as I want. I personally think you would be fine. I think the only thing that is high in them is sodium.

God be the Glory! :)

Hi all...thanks for all the good wishes out there. Glad to have heard from you Moses...was getting concerned. Had the surgery yesterday, stayed overnight and got home today. So glad to be on the other side. Not as bad as I had feared. Lots of belly soreness, but no gas pain and the pain killers have worked on my knee so I am waling and moving around much better than I had expected. Some nausea upon awakening in recovery, but got a shot and have been OK since. Have been drinking Water and crystal lite...and a little Jello. Not very motivated to drink so much but I know I have to. Not truly hungry but am wondering how I'll be in a couple more days once the pain decreases. Have a post op appointment at the doctor next Wednesday. Have to get an esophagram to check that everything is working correctly. Very glad that I am able to work from home so no need to rush back to the office.

JanB160 yes there are spirit filled Christians here, I'm having my surgery on Friday, I was nervous about this a while back but a friend of mine talked to me and reassured me it was just a trick of the devil making me worried about weather I should do this or not, that it is something good for me and since our hosts are the lords temple surly this will be well pleasing to him, and I've also talked to my pastors wife, she is very supportive and so is he I feel blessed, my entire church family, my family, my work family and all my friends are behind me are are all supportive and so happy for me, sometimes I think there more excited than I am, now if that isn't reassurance that the lord is with me on this then I don't know what is, wishing you all the luck and may the lord bless your future

I was confused too. Everyone kept talking about the liquid diet before sugery but my doc only has me on an "atkins type" diet for 2 weeks pre-op. I'm on a 1' date='200 calorie no sugar, no bread, no 'white food', no alcohol. 20-50 grams of carbs (mainly from veggies). When I asked my doc he said it was because I didn't have any co-morbidities and in overall good health. Ask your doc before changing your pre-op diet though. Good luck! I'll be going in a week before you so I'll let you know how it is![/quote']

I didn't have any co-minorities either but I had to do a 2 week liquid diet. Docs all have different rules. Maybe cause peeps will go off diet if given a little room to eat or cheat. I just went with it. It wasn't too bad I was overall satisfied. The key is very high Protein. My diet was liquid, 80-100 grams of protein, 800-1000 calories, low carbs n low sugar. Now I'm at 13 days post op n am finding myself having more n more BLT's when I'm supposed b just on mushy foods.

Hi all...thanks for all the good wishes out there. Glad to have heard from you Moses...was getting concerned. Had the surgery yesterday' date=' stayed overnight and got home today. So glad to be on the other side. Not as bad as I had feared. Lots of belly soreness, but no gas pain and the pain killers have worked on my knee so I am waling and moving around much better than I had expected. Some nausea upon awakening in recovery, but got a shot and have been OK since. Have been drinking Water and crystal lite...and a little Jello. Not very motivated to drink so much but I know I have to. Not truly hungry but am wondering how I'll be in a couple more days once the pain decreases. Have a post op appointment at the doctor next Wednesday. Have to get an esophagram to check that everything is working correctly. Very glad that I am able to work from home so no need to rush back to the office.[/quote']

I got my appetite back on day 6. Day seven I was really hungry. And btw I was nauseated on days 4-5. The nutritionist said its normal just try to get the Protein in. I couldn't even do that day 4&5

Hello' date='

Day 1 of the 14 day diet is winding down. I do have a slight headache, but all else seems good, I have had two bariatic advantage shakes, and 1 bar so far. It all seemed fine until I came home and turned on the TV. The fast food commercials are killing me. I am craving something warm. I am permitted to have broth, but of course do not have any. Does anyone know if

bullion cubes are ok? I keep telling myself why I am doing this, and that helps alot,

Thanks, Daron[/quote']

How bout some warm tea with appends.

Hello' date='

Thanks, Daron[/quote']

How bout some warm tea with splenda

Sure are!!! I knew God was on my side because I was so comfortable n went to surgery at peace. I had no worries. About a week before surgery, I too almost called it off but decided to go on with my decision. Good luck to you. Will keep u in my prayers n ALL JANUARY BANDSTERS as well!!