Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Got a call! My date has been moved up from January 30th to 25th !!! I know it's just 5 days but I'm soooo happy!!! Started the pre-op diet today! Wasn't too too bad... other than I had 2 coffees with milk and sweetner :S...

I'm the 25th as well!!

R-Sheryl and gowalking, good luck tomorrow! Mine is on Tuesday! Can't believe it is almost here! I've been having some trouble with either my potassium or B12 levels-- not sure which! I've been waking up with my hands numb and this is what was happening when I originally found out those two things were low. I called my surgeon on Friday. He said he would do extensive blood work on Tuesday morning before he puts me under. So, if it crosses anybody's mind please say a prayer for me that these things will be ok and my surgery can go forth as planned and won't have to be rescheduled!

Hello, My surgery was also on the 9th so im 4 days out, feeling pretty good just like the rest gas has been a pain! also not to be graffic but constipation.. I hope soon to be back to normal. Its nice for once not to feel hungry, Protein shakes! have been trying them all, I think they have come along way in flavor. Im going back to work tomorrow not looking forward to my coffee fueled office and not able to partake. But its for the greater good RIGHT? Good luck to all of you.!

mine is monday also. more nervous than excited. i wish it was over. moses_nyc had hers this past monday at NYU whre I'm having mine done. I haven't seen her post since she got home...i hope she is doing ok.

Hi wishing you all the best for your surgery today. You will be fine just stay strong

You have to give time for healing

Hey ya all

Now one week post surgery, getting better day by day, the worst is all the gas pain, but it gets less each day.

Just stay strong all it all pays for a future healthy life

My date is january 22. Im on my 10 day liquid diet now. Excited!

So I'm curriouse as to what kind of pre op diets e everyone is on ' date=' mine , light breakfast(eggs), shake for lunch, dinner, ( 4-6 oz of lean meat, and a veggie, usually a salad, and 4 th meal shake( usually don't have it) also can have sf popcicles, sf Jello, and more vegies, sf candies is this average,.... I notice someone had said just shakes and broth..just curiouse[/quote']

Mine is pretty much the same as yours except for the 4th meal and for two weeks.

I am at the hospital having my pre op testing done and I also start my pre op diet today....

Wish me luck and good willpower!

I heard a story about a guy that didn't follow his preop at all and they couldn't do his surgery! They opened him up only to find his liver was huge and hard as a rock. So they opened him up only to tell him that! And that he didn't have the band. Can u imagine how horrible that would be? And he had to pay for it!!

That story I think of often and it keeps me on track

Im finishing day 5 pre op. I have been great all week. Tonight has been very hard. Its the weekend and I really am not feeling the mixture of broth with popsicles and Jello :(. I still have not been able to drink six shakes. Ive only been able to drink 3 a day. I plan to go get a massage tomorrow to keep my mind off everything. I hope next week is better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using LapBandTalk

I would try to stick to doctors orders as much as possible but since i am hard headed I ate all the way up to the last 24 hours and have been doing good so far I'm knocking on wood lol

I had my surgery Thursday and I have barely eaten since. I need suggestions on this liquid post op diet. I barely eat or drink anything I just can't make myself. I've lost 8 pounds since Thursday.

Did your Dr. give you guidelines? If so, follow those. For the first 4 days I couldn't even get 800 calories down. Day 4 and 5 hunger kicked in and I got up to 1200, day 6 600 calories. The things that kept me alive were full sugar popsicles, gatorade, cranberry juice and homemade chicken broth.< /p>

BTW, I dropped 11 pounds the first 5 days.

good morning all day 8 pre-opt and counting. got a call today from the doc and they had to move my surgery time so i go in at 3 p.m. it kind of works out so im not mad.

I am also on the high Protein, low Carb dieT... Fish,turkey,chikcen, no fruits...I need to find the time to prepare food in advance since I'm in the car driving long distance everyday...doesn't help that my co-workers stop for fast food very often!! I'm hanging on as hard as I can