Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Tomorrow is the big day..I'm getting excited :) My surgery is not until 2 pm and I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight tonight :( The no eating is not a problem its the no Water, but I will manage...I hope :S

My surgery is scheduled for 1/17 and I start my preop diet this weekend; I'm blessed to have a supportive family and an extended family online...I look forward to sharing my story as it unfolds.

Cngrats to you i go the 21

Hello my friends,

I continue to do awesome ( to God be the glory) I am tolerating liquids, the mushy food and nothing has made me sick so far, or nauseous ...I felt my stomach bit swollen last night at the end of the day. I have a tip for you all, SAGE tea...I drank a cup (slowly of course) and it was wonderful!!!! I had bought it long ago at a Health store, for night sweats...but go online and see all the other benefits of it!!! I really helped me last night and this morning 4 days after surgery, I feel great!!! Good luck to al!! you are all in my prayers!!!!

question....for those who are on the 'other side'' date=' how has it been on the liquid diet? are you tolerating the liquids OK? Are you hungry? my surgery is Monday and I'm keeping an eye on all your comments so I have a better idea of what to possibly expect in terms of all things post-op.[/quote']

Well today is day two post op. I wasn't hungry or thirsty after surgery and still am not this morning. Looks like I'm gonna have to make myself start drinking my Water don't wanna get dehydrated. Good luck to you Monday.

Prayers cofoner! So excited for you!!!

I had my surgery this morning. I'm doing really good. Got home around 2pm and just been resting and trying to walk as much as possible. I have only taken pain medicine once since I got home. If I could get rid of all this "gas" pain I would be doing so much better! So glad to finally be on the other side.

So glad to hear that you are doing well..because of my age (21) they had me stay over night..gas pain is a killer but still sooo happy!

question....for those who are on the 'other side', how has it been on the liquid diet? are you tolerating the liquids OK? Are you hungry? my surgery is Monday and I'm keeping an eye on all your comments so I have a better idea of what to possibly expect in terms of all things post-op.

Day 5 post op. liquid diet is boring, but other than that not a real problem. I am having trouble getting enough calories if anything, the hunger is there, but it is like it is behind a thick curtain. I don't know how long that feeling will last, but it is giving me a chance to think about and identify the other types of hunger that drive me to eat. Frankly, I feel great.

I am scheduled to be banded January 17, 2013 and the closer it gets to the date, the more I feel a wide range of emotions! I am excited, nervous, sad (kind of mourning the loss of good foods- sad but true) and scared! My emotions about the procedure change from day to day. I am also worried about what to tell folks when I start loosing weight. I don't really want to tell them about the surgery because I am afraid of being judged...Man, I am ready to get it over with already and start facing the process of loosing weight.

I am scheduled to be banded January 17' date=' 2013 and the closer it gets to the date, the more I feel a wide range of emotions! I am excited, nervous, sad (kind of mourning the loss of good foods- sad but true) and scared! My emotions about the procedure change from day to day. I am also worried about what to tell folks when I start loosing weight. I don't really want to tell them about the surgery because I am afraid of being judged...Man, I am ready to get it over with already and start facing the process of loosing weight.[/quote']

My date is 1/18 and I feel the same way! I've been drinking more soda than I should be or usually do since I have to pretty much give it up.

I also know what you mean about what to tell people once I start losing weight. I've told a few people and I've gotten only support so far which is great. But I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it!

Are you doing a liquid pre-op diet at all? Best wishes to you!!!

I am scheduled to be banded January 17' date=' 2013 and the closer it gets to the date, the more I feel a wide range of emotions! I am excited, nervous, sad (kind of mourning the loss of good foods- sad but true) and scared! My emotions about the procedure change from day to day. I am also worried about what to tell folks when I start loosing weight. I don't really want to tell them about the surgery because I am afraid of being judged...Man, I am ready to get it over with already and start facing the process of loosing weight.[/quote']

I am in that boat with you. I am scheduled for the 17th also. My emotions have been all over the map. I just can't wait to get it done and get on the other side. I think I am just nervous because of going under again. I don't do well with anesthesia. It make me very sick and I sleep a long time after they bring me out.

Best wishes

I have to do a 2 week pre-op diet consisting of 2 Protein Shakes and one meal of 3 ounces of lean meat with one cup of veggies and one cup of fruit. I can have zero to low cal iquids if I get hungry outside of that. So I have pretty much given up everything bad already. No breads, carbonated drinks, candy (my fav thing in the world) or anything I would consider "good".

It's crazy we all want the liquid diet phase to be over pre-op then end up right back on the liquid diet post-op I have one more week before I move on to mushes! I have took little bites of some food like eggs, 1 chip, 1 bite of bacon and had no problems swallowing or anything so my surgeon should be on board for me to move right along to the next stage! Good luck everyone ;)