Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

I'm using true star health website and their Vitamins for " waiting"lol' date=' im waiting on insurance approval submitted dec 17th!![/quote']

Hopefully you will hear something soon. My Dr said it would take about two weeks for approval...so I waited about two weeks and called the office and they had not even submitted a request for approval. They said they were waiting on some reports from my nutrionist. The office let me schedule my surgery though with out approval. So I set it for Jan 11. I found out last Friday

My surgery is on Jan. 11th and I'm on day 5 of my pre-op diet. I've been losing one pound per day and it feels good! I'm so ready for the 11th. Good luck all.

My date is Jan 28th. I go from being super excited to extremely nervous! Right now I still feel like I have to eat everything I won't be able to eat later. My pre op diet starts Monday and I am dreading it! As all other diets I have failed with I am not so sure I can handle this one for 3 weeks without cheating. I'm on a really bad chocolate binge right now...ugh.

My date is Jan 28th. I go from being super excited to extremely nervous! Right now I still feel like I have to eat everything I won't be able to eat later. My pre op diet starts Monday and I am dreading it! As all other diets I have failed with I am not so sure I can handle this one for 3 weeks without cheating. I'm on a really bad chocolate binge right now...ugh.

I start my liquid diet on Monday too. Good luck. My date is jan 16 th

Hey, Daron....my surgery is the 29th as well!!!! :)

I went today for my pre admission testing. I had to go to the weight management center for a 2 hr power point, then off to the hospital for labs, ekg, chest x-ray and pre admission. I requested to be the first surgery of the day and my wishes were meet. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am and surgery is at 8:30! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Oh surgery is Jan. 9th :)

Take it from a December bandster, you will all be fine! This is not a bad experience and God has gifted us for all of our suffering and tears! He has heard our prayers and He will see us all through this!

MissMia9, I glad to have another person being banded the same day. I hope all goes well for you and everyone on here.

Anyone from Pennsylvania area being banded in January?

Daron

I went for my pre op tests yesterday. Not a problem and went fairly well. I had to have blood work and an ECG done.

Started getting some things prepared today for after surgery.

Next is my pre op appointment and I am closer everyday to the 28th!

I have my final visit with surgeon, nutritionist, and EKG Monday. Start my preop diet right after for surgery on the 25th. I talked with my partner tonight and now she says she doesn't think I should do it? She's concerned about the risks.

It worries me... The risks. And asking myself why can't I just give it a good strong "diet" try for a few years and lose the weight that way. But I've tried and yried and failed so many times.

Anyone else nervous e? And second guessing it? Failure rate is high, extra skin is almost a guarantee, and what's this I hear about it slipping or eroding or my body rejecting it?

I am scheduled for Jan 29th! Very very excited! I feel like its all I think about right now :)

I will sign my consents and see the doc on the 11th for the pre and post op instructions and then its preop testing and final medical clearence.

I have to say....we should all be proud of ourselves. Admitting we have a problem is the first step....now we are going to go out and grab the lives we always wanted by the horns. Its not easy but I know it is going to be worth it.

We have so much to live for....

Cheers to all us January bandsters!

I have my final visit with surgeon' date=' nutritionist, and EKG Monday. Start my preop diet right after for surgery on the 25th. I talked with my partner tonight and now she says she doesn't think I should do it? She's concerned about the risks.

It worries me... The risks. And asking myself why can't I just give it a good strong "diet" try for a few years and lose the weight that way. But I've tried and yried and failed so many times.

Anyone else nervous e? And second guessing it? Failure rate is high, extra skin is almost a guarantee, and what's this I hear about it slipping or eroding or my body rejecting it?[/quote']

Hey blondie638, I think I went trough the same thing you going trough! First when I decided to have the gastric band, my girlfriend told me to not do it, that I should try dieting first. And I did agree with her so I tried dieting, I can tell you I did loose weight, around 24 pounds plus, but I got stucked!! Not because I wasn't following the diet anymore, my weight was just there not coming off. She knows how much effort I put in on my diet that when I talked about it again and explained why I wanted why I needed and cried a little(that I don't usually do) she said ok baby I feel what u telling me I'm behind you. Then I go all excited and couldn't wait, then I start reading bad reviews a about that is a failure, people vomiting all the time, people putting the weight back on, eroding, needing a second op, well all sorts! Which lead me to start a thread called" why people and studies so negative about lapband", and I have learned that, well is true that perhaps your band might not go well with your body which I think is a small percentage. Then is also the biggest true that you make it work and you make it be successful, most of people that didnt work they admit themselves that they wasn't eating the right things, not exercising and so on! So it's all up to you if you think it isn't gonna work it and just waiting for it to happen it ain't gonna work, u gotta work with it! Extra skin was something I thought about it too, but came to a conclusion that I might have close to none because I haven't got really loads and loads to loose and my body is more like muscular built. Even so you have to think about it if you rather be fat or have loose skin, it is a big deal you know but you gonna be healthier and looking much better. And well loose skin you might not even have as much as you think you will, and I would exercise and lift weights to minimise the risks I think you will quite enjoy it, I love lifting weights. That said even if you have extra skin you can either live with it, some people don't mind or get a good surgeon and get it fixed. Good thing about the band blondie is that if you having problems with it or your body is rejecting you can take the band out, I know we don't wanna do that but the truth is there is a way out. No if u have a bypass or a sleeve and you get problems how you gonna fix it? You ain't.

About your girlfriend listen she cares about you, and she loves you the way you are, my gf stills says I'm fine that I look good and that I will look like a skinny rat lol, but well at the end of the day, bottom line I don't feel good, I tried diet since age 11, I need to do it for myself. And sure she will love it when seeing results. I wish all the best for you, and anything I'm here.

I have my final visit with surgeon, nutritionist, and EKG Monday. Start my preop diet right after for surgery on the 25th. I talked with my partner tonight and now she says she doesn't think I should do it? She's concerned about the risks.

Anyone else nervous e? And second guessing it? Failure rate is high, extra skin is almost a guarantee, and what's this I hear about it slipping or eroding or my body rejecting it?

Blondie,

That's why I chose the lap band...because it's extremely safe. The complication rate is so minimal and even those complications aren't major, not death like gastric!!!!! Show her the research and maybe that will help ease her mind. My aunt is a nurse and she wholeheartedly endorses the lap band, but NOT gastric. She said she has seen so many patients die from gastric at her hospital but has seen nothing but great things from the band.

Alicia