Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I became one with the treadmill today...good day today :rolleyes:

For everyone that now gets to eat regular food, not post op mushies, Any ideas? I started regular food on wednesday and I kinda feel like I don't know what I'm doing. They said I dont need shakes anymore. thanks everyone, love this group. All of your stories and comments help so much :)

I have been making a lot of crock pot meals. I really enjoyed Santa Fe chicken from Skinnytaste.com It is so easy. Also, made fresh broccoli in the oven. I put foil on a cookie sheet, place all the broccoli florets on top, lightly spray with cooking spray, cover with foil and place in oven at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Comes out very tender and delicious!

My Paypal name is norinabambina

Banded 12/7/12 I got my first fill yesterday. 4ccs and it wasn't pleasant. Hoping it gets better and each subsequent fill is much smoother. So far I lost 16 pounds and am feeling good. I also just took off the bandaid and realized dr removed a stuck that was popping through and didn't dissolve. All in all I'm feeling good and happy with the band. I definitely felt a difference today when I was able to go back to soft good after the liquids. I think I have some restriction.

I was banded 12/19/12 and had my first fill today. I did not feel much of anything. I am sorry you had a bad time with your fill! I am sure your next will be better. Good luck!

I have been making a lot of crock pot meals. I really enjoyed Santa Fe chicken from Skinnytaste.com It is so easy. Also' date=' made fresh broccoli in the oven. I put foil on a cookie sheet, place all the broccoli florets on top, lightly spray with cooking spray, cover with foil and place in oven at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Comes out very tender and delicious![/quote']

I have just been trying to eat lots of Protein and veggies. For instance, I had salmon, tomatoes and a boiled egg for lunch. Trying to stay low carb is best for me. ;) good luck!

How is all the December peps doing been having a hard time with wanting to snack I travel for work and not home for 8 days at a time so I have been doing a lot of gym and swimming

Banded 12/19 down 17lbs total. No fill yet. Its crazy how loud my stomach has gotten! I try to stay on a schedule so I usually eat @ Breakfast 7am ' lunch 11ish, snack 3pm, dinner 7ish, late night snack 11ish. My schedule seemsvto help w/hunger & spread out my Protein.

Was unsatisfied/dissapointed @ my 1st dr.followup. instructions differed greatly from nutritionalist instructions. Wss told I didnt need more than 40g protein &keep calories under 800. Reminded them what I was told by them before & they said no, thst was wrong & didnt need more than 40g protein. Also operative report wasnt back yet so they couldn't answer some of my other questions. Incisions healing ok so I'm focusing on getting protein &water & exercising.

banded 12/19 . Louisiana.

my dr just wants me to have 3 meals 1 snack. I have a 2 y/o and 1 y/o babies and work nights, 30 mins for each meal is just not working, gonna see if I can do 6 meals 15mins each spread throughout the day. Anyone know how many calories we are supposed to have? I know he wants me to get 60g Protein.< /p>

Untamed, interesting. My doc says 60g Protein at least and 850-1000 calories. He has noticed that patients actually lose better if they do closer to 1000 calories a day.

How is all the December peps doing been having a hard time with wanting to snack I travel for work and not home for 8 days at a time so I have been doing a lot of gym and swimming

Stay away from snacking! When I get hungry I drink Water. If all else fails grab a Protein Shake

I was banded 12/12/12 and just had my first fill on 1/16/13. I feel hungrier now (less satisfied with 1/2-1c of food) than I did before my fill! Has anyone walked away from a fill feeling LESS restriction?!?

My surgeon put 2cc (turned out to be 2.8 when NP measured it during 1st fill) and NP added 1cc. So I'm now at 3.8cc and hungry!

12/19/12-1/19/13 One month down!

How are you all feeling, December Bandsters?! Aside from some other health issues, so far so good. I am suffering through what is known as Bandster Hell. I put a post up in the general forum that I feel like I have a placebo. LOL I have been trying to do the right thing and follow dr/nut orders. Hope all is going well with you all.

I was banded 12/31 and my weight loss has slowed/stalled. I keep battling with losing the same pound, then gaining it back and I'm not due for my first fill until 1/31. I refuse to give up or get discouraged since I'm less than a month out from surgery and I'm pretty sure my body is still adjusting from surgery and the band. Some days I feel very bloated, other days not. I have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia so I'm sure that doesn't help. I also need to see a doctor for some foot/ankle/knee pain (heel spur and I don't know what else acting up) so I can get into a better exercise routine. I'll make it, I just have to get past these hurdles!

In style...hang in there! My weight loss stalled post op when I started mushies. When I started on high Protein solids it picked up again. With all the gas and bloating I didn't expect much. Let yourself heal and take care be it will pick up again.

I am a month and 5 days out and seem to go through periods of pure hunger. I had my first fill yesterday and it went smoothly but feel i could of had a little more inserted. I am on liquids today besides having a scoop of yogurt to get my pills down without them getting stuck. I will be glad for soft foods because I am hungry. I hope everyone is doing good and feel free to friend me as I can always use a mentor and other support. :)