Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting my band back together :)

Well, tomorrow is the day. After being diagnosed with a slipped band right after thanksgiving and having surgery to remove it, I am finally scheduled to have my band put back in. Tomorrow is the day. I can't wait.

I did really well with controlling my portions. At least up until last week when I decided to have a little "fun" before getting the band put back in.

I gained about 15lbs back very quickly, but then leveled off. I attribute that to being totally dehydrated and malnurished due to the slipped band.

It's surprising to me how many people asked me why I was putting the band back in. They feel like since I already lost all of my weight I should just try to go without out it. I explained to them that, for the first time in my life, I found a tool that helped me lose the weight and keep it off. Why would I want to give that up?

I'll post how everything goes tomorrow. Happy Holiday's everyone!

Good luck to you.

Good luck and I agree. If it hasn't failed u yet why not!

Best wishes for continued success!!

Good luck to you.

Good luck to you! And I would definitely rebrand too I mine were to slip ;)

Good luck, but the "have a little fun" comment causes me to worry about your commitment. Stick to your eating plan even without the band. It is a lifestyle change, not a diet!

Thanks All for the well wishes.

I can't say that I've been the poster child for the perfect bandster, but 120lbs lost and my williingness to continue the band lifestyle has to speak somewhat to my commitment. Having a little "fun" is a relative thing in my world. I wasn't swallowing down Subway footlongs and dripping cheeseburgers for sure.

What I'll do better this time around is to listen to my band. When it tells me that I'm too tight, I won't suffer through the stuck episodes and PB'ing/vomiting hoping it will get better or loosen up. I'll be quicker to get the unfill.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you all!!!

Just a quick update.

I had surgery to replace my band on Friday, 12/21 (supposed Doomsday.... :) ). Everything went well. I stayed at the hospital overnight and was released early Saturday.

So far, recovery seems easier than the first time around. Some pain, but not the bad shoulder pain that I had the first time around. Perhaps part of it was that I knew what to expect.

The hardest part is returning to "banders hell" over Christmas with all of the great foods around. liquids only this week and then onto mushys. The good news is that I have already lost 10 lbs of the almost 20 that I gained while unbanded. Truth be told, I wasn't overly tempted anyway. One thing that I learned while without my band is that I have adjusted mentally to this lifestyle.... I kept portion sizes small and, with a few exceptions, ate food that was good for me.

Thanks again to all that wished me well.

Thanks for the update Jim!

Glad things are goin well

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update and glad things are going better than expected!!!

Thanks All for the well wishes.

I can't say that I've been the poster child for the perfect bandster, but 120lbs lost and my williingness to continue the band lifestyle has to speak somewhat to my commitment. Having a little "fun" is a relative thing in my world. I wasn't swallowing down Subway footlongs and dripping cheeseburgers for sure.

What I'll do better this time around is to listen to my band. When it tells me that I'm too tight, I won't suffer through the stuck episodes and PB'ing/vomiting hoping it will get better or loosen up. I'll be quicker to get the unfill.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you all!!!

Good to hear you are back and everything turned out great. I have to admit that after my TT and i had nothing in my band two months.... i did eat a few things that i had not had in over two years... and yes, one of which was a hamburger and fries.... But, i'm going to say this also... That it has been hard getting back on track. since Feb i put back 6lbs... but it's my fault. Ice Cream is the devil... and i have not been going to the gym. So yesterday i went in for a fill of 1.5 which brings me back to 10.5 and i'm hoping to get back on track.

By the way.... you look great...

Good to hear you are back on track Bayougirl.

It certainly is a struggle. liquid diet with nothing in your band is the worst. Start mushies on Saturday.! That's when I'll have to make sure I listen to my band and stay on the straight and narrow.

Funny how easy it is to revert back to old habits if you're not careful.