Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

too late to go to gym?

This week I am struggling to get to the gym. After work today I had to go grocery shopping, then cook dinner, and then bake Cookies for work. There are still 25 minutes till that last of the cookies come out. Do I go to the gym at 9 pm, or just say it's too late?! I've missed a lot of gym time in the last week but am still losing, but the gym makes it so much easier.

Anyone else finding it hard to fit it in with the holiday obligations?

Ann

Do something in between Cookies, jog in place or do stretches or lift Soup cans. Anything if you can't make it to the gym. That is why I bought a set of pedals. I sit in my family room and pedal when I can't get out.

This week I am struggling to get to the gym. After work today I had to go grocery shopping, then cook dinner, and then bake Cookies for work. There are still 25 minutes till that last of the cookies come out. Do I go to the gym at 9 pm, or just say it's too late?! I've missed a lot of gym time in the last week but am still losing, but the gym makes it so much easier.

Anyone else finding it hard to fit it in with the holiday obligations?

Ann

Dont be so hard on yourself, there are times when exercising or going to the gym just arent possible or practical, as long as u maintain your eating regime and do as the above poster suggested, move more at home, run up the stairs, leg lift while u wait for things to cook or the kettle to boil, this will all keep u on track, if u have a few weeks where your normal exercising isnt possible, your whole weight loss journey wont end, its just a little Detour in the grande scheme of things, just pick it up again when u can fit it in, life has to go on :) I had to stop exercising for 6 weeks after my surgery, i got through it, and now enjoying it again.. good luck !

Do the best you can given the circumstances. I find the winter months to be especially hard, but something is better than nothing. If I don't work out a certain day, I am extra strict about what foods I put into my body. There are some days where I just put on music and dance for a half hour. You could also walk in place while holding 2 or 5lb weights. I like Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs. Don't beat yourself up if you could not get to the gym today, but push extra hard tomorrow to make up for it.

That is why I prefer to go in the early morning.....

It is right now 4am...having my first cup of coffee...will head to the gym when they open at 5....

There is always a good crowd there, many heading strait to work from there after showering, etc....

I cant afford a gym so i use the wii fit plus, its great cos it tells you how long and how many cals. Also zumba on wii is also great cos you forget your exercising!!!!!

Not to steal your thread, but b-52 you look great!!!

My surgeon recommended that in December to be easy on myself as far as eating , drinking, exercise and all the obligations that come with this time of year. It is good advice.

I was banded about a year ago, have had a few ups and downs, but generally all good. Look at your progess and try to do some relaxng things just for you !

i taught my kids to bake the Christmas Cookies ! Fantastic... and we cut back on how many we bake. I had them choose their favorites.and it worked out great. Then we got them out of the house as fast as possible.

From my sooooo many years of being on weight watchers, I did learn an important Christmas, New Years lesson. Look at the holiday as a DAY... it is not a monthlong feast. Helpful to keep in mind. Pick and cjhoose your favorites foods and sweets and give yourself some wiggle room!

I usually go to the gym at 8:30 or 9:00 at night...it's slower and I sleep better. Holidays are tough so I have to work extra hard to get my exercise in.