Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 days banded and I really feel great! The only thing is when I wake up in the morning and sometimes throughout the day I swear I can feel the band squeezing my stomach lol.

Did anyone else experience anything like this? I assume its because my insides are still swollen and healing from surgery but sometimes it makes me a little nervous! I can swallow and get down food and everything.

Hi Nicole, I am just the day after still in the hospital my surgeon likes to keep his patients overnight. I swear I can feel my band it is not tight yet.

Hi guys, it does take 6wks to really heal and longer for port site to not be sore.

BTW I've even had the same squeezing feeling in stomach after my first fill that lasted 2 1/2 wks. Just for future reference.

I feel the same thing! I'm only 5 days post op and I'm finally looking at doing some house chores today. When I wake up in the morning I feel like the band is in my throat. I called the doctor yesterday to ask them if it was ok to have this feeling of tightness in my chest after I drink something. They had informed me that this was normal that I was still swollen and to take smaller sips. I realized then this is what everyone is talking about when your band is talking to you.

I was banded on 12/12/12 and went back to work on 12/17/12. I do not have that feeling in my throat, but am feeling the tightness right below my sternum and above my diaphragm. Not really sure how to describe it!!!!

Hi Cookie, I was banded on 12/12/12 as well. That feeling you're describing is the same that I'm having. I don't know if its even possible, but its almost as if I can shift my torso & feel exactly where my band is.

Amy - that's exactly how I feel when I say I can feel the band...what an odd feeling!

Hi Cookie, I was banded on 12/12/12 as well. That feeling you're describing is the same that I'm having. I don't know if its even possible, but its almost as if I can shift my torso & feel exactly where my band is.

Most ppl can't feel their band, most likely it is your port. Even after you're fully healed, you will be able to feel it.

I tease my family and say "do you want to feel something gross?" ,I always get an ewww no.lol

I asked my Dr today and he says to sip small its the swelling and it's normal! I thought it was just me!

I was banded yesterday and feel great so far-- but have had hiccups 4 times! I'm guessing that's from drinking too fast too? Anyone have this? And don't get me wrong... Hiccups I can handle if that's my reminder to slow down!

Moo, yes, I get hiccups (somewhat painful since I'm still healing) if I drink or eat too fast. Many people also say that hiccups are a sign to stop eating. My first episode was after eating a 1/4C of applesauce. I just ate it too quickly & didn't stick to "band-size" bites. It's a learning experience. We'll get there!

Do you think the swelling can cause nausea at night ?

Do you think the swelling can cause nausea at night ?

Possibly if you are laying down. I was lucky I never got nauseous .