Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved and schduled for Jan 23rd

Mimi' date=' glad you are able to take the time off that your Dr.'s recommended. Babykins, I am also taking off that amount of time. Surgery next Wednesday and will return to work a week and 1/2 later. I had a weak moment last night and ate 5 tater tots. I baked them for my son and a friend who was spending the night and before I knew it I ate 5. I was so disappointed in myself and they didn't even taste that good. I was so hungry and I should of made my Soup before I made anything for the kids. Today is a new day and I am back on track - still hungry though. Two protien shakes and a bowl of soup a day is not cutting it for me. I just keep telling myself that I only have 5 more days til surgery, I can do this![/quote']

Don't be so hard on yourself...3 more days!

Not sure what time my surgery is tmrw, they will call me tonight...who else is a bottle of nerves and emotions today?! I cant even function ughh

Anali, Ladybabie, and Mimi, we have almost arrived! Can you believe it? Time has passed quickly on our pre-op diets. I am down 12. I was hoping for 15, but it is what it is. I have to be at the surgery center at 6:30. So I am glad I will be able to get it done and over with and not have to wait until noon or something. I am feeling good and not to nervous yet but I am sure tonight will be another story. I am more nervous about what I have been trying to take care of so that my husband doen't have to do much: laundry, groceries, bills, etc. This is going to be good. We can make it through today and tomorrow brings hope!

I'm down 12 also Chrissy. The scale hasn't moved in days. My dietician says its normal to lose the first week then nothing the second week on the pre-op diet. The time has gone by a lot quicker than I thought it would. I'm not really nervous, but very anxious. I hope I can fall asleep tonight. Good luck tomorrow ladies. I'll see you on the other side!

I think I can. I think I can. I know I can. I know I can.

Ugh tomorrow will be torture, I am scheduled soooo late... Have to be at the hospital at 3:30.. And I am not allowed to eat/drink ANYTHING till then...definitly must keep myself busy tmrw!!!! Lots of luck...keep me posted!!!!

So we are on the other side, wooohoooooo!!! How is everyone feeling?!?!?! I feel like someone beat the crap out of my stomach but I can still walk around. I feel pretty okay and am in high spirits. The only thing is that I have no idea where my port is, maybe because I am still very swollen? Anyone else have that issue?

Hey! Congratulations! I'm scheduled for tomorrow 1-25-13 @ 8:00am. Can you tell me how surgery day went? I'm just curious of the process, how you felt when you woke up, pain etc. I'm soooo frickin nervous lol

Hey! Congratulations! I'm scheduled for tomorrow 1-25-13 @ 8:00am. Can you tell me how surgery day went? I'm just curious of the process' date=' how you felt when you woke up, pain etc. I'm soooo frickin nervous lol[/quote']

Heyy, you will be fine!!! What to expect?? As soon as you get into the OR they will give you medication to calm down, and it kicks in FAST!! Then the next thing you know you will be waking up and it will all be over!! After I got somewhat nautious and lightheaded so I took a nap prior to walking around, but I am home and walking and FINE aside from some soreness...dont stress out like I did, Xoxo keep me posted.

Hey Anali! Glad you're doing well!

I feel okay today, but yesterday was not good. I was slow waking up from the anesthesia and I was in a lot of pain. I had to go back to the recovery area 2 times. Today has been much better. Heating pad, pain killers, Gas-X and chamomile tea have been my saviors. I've been walking around, which has helped too.

I'm so excited for this new chapter of our lives! We're on our way!

Good morning Anali and Mimi. Analie, you are right, I feel like my stomach has been hit with a bat. It is getting better and the walking does help. Mimi, you and I sound alike in recovery. I was so nautious and felt so faint after recovery it was crazy. I was in recovery for about 4 hours because of it. They also couldn't get the IV in my arm pre-op and ended up trying 10 times, no lie. They finally got a vein in my foot. I was supposed to be in surgery by 8 and ended up not going back until 11. It sucked big time. They had to keep giving my breaks inbetween sticking me because I was getting so upset and because it was hurting bad. Now, having said all of that, today I feel better, just sore and am so glad we all are on the other side and on our way to feeling better. I hope LadyBabie is doing good. I think she was scheduled yesterday as well. I will send another message later and see how everybody is doing. Woohoo - we made it!

Ladie was banded on Monday.

I'm sorry you had to go through that with the IV, Chrissy. It all worked out in the end and we are all on the other side now! Go us!

Good morning Anali and Mimi. Analie' date=' you are right, I feel like my stomach has been hit with a bat. It is getting better and the walking does help. Mimi, you and I sound alike in recovery. I was so nautious and felt so faint after recovery it was crazy. I was in recovery for about 4 hours because of it. They also couldn't get the IV in my arm pre-op and ended up trying 10 times, no lie. They finally got a vein in my foot. I was supposed to be in surgery by 8 and ended up not going back until 11. It sucked big time. They had to keep giving my breaks inbetween sticking me because I was getting so upset and because it was hurting bad. Now, having said all of that, today I feel better, just sore and am so glad we all are on the other side and on our way to feeling better. I hope LadyBabie is doing good. I think she was scheduled yesterday as well. I will send another message later and see how everybody is doing. Woohoo - we made it![/quote']

I love it because they don't want you to drink anything, so naturally you're going to be a bit dehydrated yet they want to gab needles in your veins. I know why they don't want you to eat or drink anything, it just always cracks me up when they can't find a vein. I have the same problem. Even on simple fasting blood draws. But I've had enough IVs that I know what to do and say to usually only have to get then to stick me twice instead of 12 times then calling the IV team...

I was in the hospital after one of my strokes in 2009 and had they had to stick me 18 times in order to get enough blood for the tests my doc ordered. Each person on the floor tried 3 times then they called the IV team who also took 3 tries until they were finally able to get it. My veins are small and when the needle goes in, they usually collapse.

How is everyone feeling today?

I'm still in a lot of pain (mostly gas) and I haven't had a bm yet. I still manage to get up to walk a bit, which is helping a little, but I still can't manage to get anything down except a few sips of tea and Water.

I am still in a lot of pain, especially around my belly button. Sometimes it is pretty sharp pain if I move to fast or twist or bend. It is hard getting up and down that is for sure. I have been sleeping in a recliner so that it is easier to get in and out of. The only thing I have had since Wednesday is some broth (which I can hardly stand) a couple of pospsicles and Water. However when I got on the scale this morning I have gained 2 pounds. I also haven't had a bm but my dr. wants me to use Milk of Magnesia today to help aid that process along.

Mimi, by your wording it sounds like you have had more than one stroke. That made me sad. Sorry you have had to go through that. 18 sticks with a needle sounds brutal. I was crying by the 6th time, not on purpose but I couldn't stop. The nurse said with being nervous and tired it just happens sometimes.

I think tomorrow I can have some other types of food, including cream of wheat which I love. I am pretty nervous about getting "stuck" though.

I hope today is a better day for everybody!