Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cottege Cheese...IDEAS!

Hello Everyone,

I really need some ideas on what I can do with some cottage cheese I bought. I have never eaten it before and thought it looked gross, all of my life, but I bought it a few days ago in preparation for my mushie stage (I live in Saudi it is hard to find so when I saw it I bought it). Only thing is I am on a 4 weeks post op liquid diet and still have over 2 weeks to go! I'm afriad it will go bad. i don't want to waste it. Any ideas?

i always like to add yogurt or Jello to cottage cheese. about half/half. the Jello sounds gross, i know...but it's really pretty good.

i don't know if this would count as a mushie or not, but you can make a sort of 'pancake' out of cottage cheese: 1 c cottage cheese, 6 egg, a few tb flour. basically, beat the eggs, add the cottage cheese and a few tbs flour to bind it together. you *may* need as many as 6 tbs flour for six eggs, but i'd start low and mix it until you feel like it won't spread out too much in your skillet. these are very, very light and very moist as the curds melt a bit while you cook them. they're great with some salsa, or some chopped fruit or made into a wrap with a piece of deli turkey...

amanda

Kabeerah, I like my cottage cheese straight up but have also had a yummy mixture of spinach, garlic salt, and cottage cheese blended. Tastes kind of like avocado. Will be watching for more recipes myself. Stelis2

Sorry I'm no help....cottage cheese doesn't like me very well. Its like i can't get it to chew up or something....kinda like scrambled eggs. It ends up coming back up..so I just don't eat it at all anymore!!!

I like pureed fruit mixed in with my cottage cheese, which is not one of my favorite foods, but it's not so bad with the fruit, even something like applesauce or you could try jars of baby fruit, flavor of your choice. My mom even uses a little sweetener and some cinnamon for a different kind of taste. Once you are off mushies, you might even want to add the pureed fruit and something like grape-nuts, granoloa or any kind of nut that you like, I prefer walnuts myself. Just a thought. Good luck with your mushie phase.

Cindy

My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with canned pineapple chunks. Sadly, those canned chunks are almost always in Syrup - high calories! I'm a little over 4 weeks post op, in the mushie stage, and I have no problem eating cottage cheese. Good luck.

While pregnant I craved tomatoes and cottage cheese with black pepper and salt. Not too weird there, but I put it on whole wheat toast (not band friendly at all). Would think if you put some Tomato sauce in with it and put pepper on it would be about the same... worth a try I guess.

Jack: Ricotta cheese, Peanut Butter, and splenda is the best pancake filling ever!

Thanks everyone for such great ideas, but I still have over two weeks to go before my mushie stage. I was kinda looking for some liquid ideas before the cottage cheese (gross!) expires.

Hey Jack, I see you are a liquid stevia user. I recently oredered some Optimum Liquid Stevia. I would like to make some Lemonade and/or Habiscus (I hate Crystal light). How many drops for a pitcher?

Kabeerah~ Stick that cottage cheese in a blender and mix some blended fruit in with it..it will kinda be like a smoothie!! I bet you can drink that...anything that will come through a straw on the full liquid phase!!

I am not banded yet but I love cottage cheese. When I am dieting one of the things I like to eat is crushed pineapple and mandarin orange with low fat cottage cheese. Maybe you can put the fruit in the blender has to be canned fruit and blend in the cottage cheese. I am not sure if that will be mushy enough. But it is yummy. And if it is not mushy enough maybe when you are not in the mushy stage you can eat it. Good luck, everyone has given some great ideas.

If you want it savory have it with pepper and green onions. Or just pepper.

Mix with fruit to have it sweet.

Mix it with a baked potato (the insdie of the potato since the skin may get stuck in your stoma) and microwave to heat it up.

i don't like my cottage cheese sweet AT ALL. so i like mine with (i know this sounds gross) with 2 tablespoons of chili con carne or spaghetti sauce. if that's not available, i like just a touch of salt and lots of pepper. bon apetit!