Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have entered a world of constipation

Wow I can't believe how constipated I am. In addition my husband fed me 3 days with laxative green tea "mistakenly" so he says. And even that didn't work I have lots of growling and then gas. Today I am feeling a bit discomfort in my tummy i wonder if its the tea effect. Please share how to get things moving

I don't regret any decision in my life because at the end I will make it work

me too need to take something just want to take the right thing 1 week post op

Milk of magnisa is what the doctors told me...I take stool softners daily and then laxative a couple of times a week...hard to get all the Fiber in.

I am on the laxitive train, about 1x a week...............

I got so sick of the constant Constipation problem, laxatives worked for a bit but with tummy pains, benefibre worked for a bit then stopped working. Ever since I've added 1/2 cup of fruit salad to my diet I've started going regularly once or twice a day.

My fruit salad consists of strawberries, raspberries, mangoes, sometimes banana and always a kiwi fruit, kiwi fruit is a super food packed with all sorts of goodies and apparently can have like a laxative effect.

I wanted to stop taking all the over the counter stuff and find a more natural way to help me go to the bathroom regularly and I believe the fruit is helping in that department.

Miralax worked wonders for me!!

miralax does miracles.

and summerrain is right-- fruit is great for this.

for me, a handful of blackberries blended with milk every day goes a long way in the plumbing dept. :D

hope things move along for you.

My doctor suggests benefiber twice a day. you can't even notice a taste difference if you add it in while you are cooking your meals, or even just mix in a tsp. With your coffee or tea. Works pretty good for me. Only occasionally do I need to use stool softeners when I stick to benefiber!

Miralax is awesome every other day!

Miralax, worked for me... At first I took laxatives and stool softners... You don't want to strain especially after surgery!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I'm in UK and take a swig of Lactulose each day and it help. Not to conventional but a glass of diet coke allowed to go flat gets me moving very quickly too!!

Can I also share a really unorthodox way of 'clearing' you out and it seems to work every time got me. I know carbonated is a no no. But if I feel bloated and uncomfortable I let a glass of cola or lemonade sit in a glass and go flat then drink it and guaranteed for me it works!

I take both Gummy fiber and stool softener daily to keep things moving especially since I'm on Coumadin so I cannot have anything with Vitamin k which means no green veggies.

My doctor just put me on daily Miralax, half dose each day. Until this week I have had chronic Constipation. I also take 3 stool softeners daily. Benefiber did nothing for me.