Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Pre-Op diet tomorrow Anyone Else

-jrodriguez68: don't give up! I'm on day 7, and yes, i'm still hungry, but I weigh myself each morning and can see that it's worth it.

I know. Just frustrated today. We had sales training classes at work today and for the next two days. I am responsible for ordering, setting up and taking down the food for lunch. it looked and smelled really yummy. I didn't have any but it made me cranky nonetheless. I'm luck b/c my pre-op diet does allow me to eat protien and some veggies with my protien shakes but it is still hard. I keep questioning if I have made the right decision. I sure hope so.

I know. Just frustrated today. We had sales training classes at work today and for the next two days. I am responsible for ordering, setting up and taking down the food for lunch. it looked and smelled really yummy. I didn't have any but it made me cranky nonetheless. I'm luck b/c my pre-op diet does allow me to eat protien and some veggies with my protien shakes but it is still hard. I keep questioning if I have made the right decision. I sure hope so.

You can do this... you made the right decision and you made it through today. When you look back on today 2 months from now, you will not remember what the food smelled like or looked like... you will only be thinking about how great you feel. Drink plenty of Water tomorrow and eat your veggies slowly. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Doing the HAPPY DANCE..tomorrow 12/12/12 start preop high Protein liquid diet...surgery scheduled for 12/19/12...time to get this fat monkey off my back...I am ready...I can do this...I must do this...can't wait to say yes I did it!!!!

My surgery is set for December 21st.... Anyone else out there on the same day? Maybe we could check in and do this together?

Yes ma'am! Mines is the same day. Starting liquid diet Friday.

Guys' date=' I don't know if I can do this pre-op diet for another 10 days. I'm hungry.................................[/quote']

You can do it!! Mind over matter. I said the same thing. But with much prayer I am on day 7. It preps us for how our lives will forever change when we eat and think. Fight thru it.

Yes ma'am! Mines is the same day. Starting liquid diet Friday.

Mine is on the 21st too! I started the liquid diet last Friday. The first few days were rough but they are getting easier!!!!

The first three days is caffeine, carb, and sugar withdrawal! I had throbbing headaches for three days! But if I did you can do it too!

I am on a high protine preop diet that is intended to help deplete the liver of its glycogen stores prior to the operation to help shrink the liver. It consist of 1000 calories a day' date=' 100 grams of Protein a day, and 2 quarts of Water. They have me drinking five 8oz bottles of Slimfast high Protein drinks and a combination of hardboiled eggs, yogurt, and cottage cheese to equal 100 grams of Protein. That is the diet they have me on right up to my surgery. Is anyone else on that type of prep diet? It doesent sound like it and I havent had any of the symptoms people have described in here during thier preop prep.[/quote']

Im on everything except the eggs! Pure liquid and protein!

Day 2 of semi liquid diet. So far so good. It's kinda fun trying to be creative with the food choices and amounts I am allowed. Hope all is well with my fellow per op dieters!! ???˜

I'm day one... Ugh!! 13 to go! I'm hungry' date=' tired, Moody, and all I can think is 13 more days! I may not need surgery, this may b the death of me. I spent 120.00 on different flavors hoping it will help, i'm on my 3 cup of hot tea. I was ok at work, but now that i'm home, not so much. I may have to clean and organize my whole house to stay busy. Best of luck December bandsters![/quote']

By day 4 it'll be a tad but easier! Hang in there!

I was on my pre op diet for ten days being banded on the 27th dec 2012 i have now been told to go onto a low cal diet cause i have lost half a stone already.