Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brachioplasty Compression Shirts

Hello, anybody that has had brachioplasty, please tell me what compression shirt you used that orked well and found reasonably priced ($50 or less). Thanks

I haven't had the surgery but a nurse told me that she recommends cycling shorts.

I wear compression shorts and have bought them at Academy and Walmart for about $10 each. I also have a pair of crop pants for working out. I find them extremely comfortable and they breathe with you and sometimes I don't even realize I have them on. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot but I really need info on shirts as I have surgery in 2 weeks.

I had a Brachioplasty in May this year i wore this garment from Marena

http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-77-low-cut-female-vest.aspx

A cheaper alternative would be compression arm warmers which cyclists wear. The hospital paid for all my compression garments so cost wasnt really an issue.

Good luck with your surgery tho :)

Thanks Cazzy, that's nice but pricey. I'm disappointed my surgeon is not including any. They suggested I buy athletic compression shirts, so I've ordered 2 for now. I will probably order one or two more.

Thanks Cazzy, that's nice but pricey. I'm disappointed my surgeon is not including any. They suggested I buy athletic compression shirts, so I've ordered 2 for now. I will probably order one or two more.

Yes they are pricey but the absolute best, lets be honest if your surgery cost $90 dollars more u still would have gone ahead with it, so maybe just get one garment, they dry in a couple of hours so u can get away with just one .. or what i would do is also get yourself some small tubigrip bandage and u can then apply additional pressure on top of the athletic pressure.if u get the right width one, the more pressure the better the scars heal, some scars heal ok without it, but i dont think its worth taking that risk. Athletic compression and cycling compression is good but not as great as the surgical ones .. if i was in the US i would lend you mine lol i wont need mine again till next year when i have a breast lisft done and will use the same garments as my brachioplasty ones. I got the black tops they look like a 3/4 sleeve top :) .. good luck with the surgery and compression. You will love your new arms !

I have not had the arm surgery, but I have had abdominoplasty with some work on my inner thighs. I purchased a pricey pair of compression pants and feel that it was totally worth it. I spent so much on the surgery..... I wasn't going to have substandard results over a $90 compression garment because the surgery was just way to expensive! Go with a good garment, wash it out and use it until it falls apart (or you no longer need it)... Whichever comes first. You will have much nicer results and less scaring, too!

Thanks for the input. I think you all are right, you get what you pay for. I may bite the bullet and get it. I'm working extra jobs to do this, so I have to do it right. So Cazzy, I'm going to try your suggestion quickly since I have a little over a week until surgery. Thanks again everyone.

Let us know how u get on :)

Its next Wednesday and I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Hi everybody, I had surgery today at 1:00pm. I have more discomfort than actual pain. When pain starts I get the meds though. I also had excess skin and tissue removed under my arms. One of the most annoying hints is the numbness of left had tingly fingers. I'm staying at a hotel a couple blocks over from medical facility tonight and tomorrow night since it's a 4 hour drive and I have to go to have my stitches checked and compression shirt put on. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing! This will be the one surgery I will oat likely need for sure when I'm done losing, so I'd love to know how it's going.

Steph, I'm doing okay. I've had lapband and aTT w/mr, this is by far the least painful. It's uncomfortable and a little painful at times. However, I only took prescription meds one day and began taking extra strength Tylenol (650mg) after that. That was a personal choice because I wanted to be as coherent as possible since my 17 year old daughter was in charge of my care and driving. I'm very swollen and bruised right now, but can see some results already. I asked for my scar to be more inside my arm than on the outer length of my arm but that didn't happen. I didn't have any type of Lipo either so I feel my results will be limited, but still better than the batwings regardless. I'm disappointed that they forgot to take before pics, I wish I had taken my own. It's a mixed bag for me right now, but better. I will keep you posted.