Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just signed up today and I am looking for an online support group that I can turn to while on my lap band journey. I am excited about this and look forward to meeting new people. :)

Hi Fairy Kitten,

I too have just signed up on here today. I have my surgery booked for February 20th as that's the soonest my surgeon can do it. I live in New Zealand, where abouts are you? Have you set a goal weight yet?

Hello! I was banded Oct 5. I started the process in Jan though. Had a few snags along the way but here I am 2 months post op tomorrow and I'm down a total ( including preop) 42.2 lbs!

I was so apprehensive and green when I joined this forum in September. I've made some awesome friends though who understand what I'm going through.

Browse around, get to know everyone..you'll find some great support here!

I'm on myfitnesspal too at micheleost, if you'd like to add me.

Minimi. Wow 42 lbs. That's awesome. Congratulations. I get banded on December 19th. I will friend you on my fitness

Welcome Fairy Kitty & ChangingMyLife. This site is full of wonderful people who offer love, support and their experiences, they are dear friends. Read uo and ask questions, we are here to help.

Good luck on your journey.

Hey there, welcome!! I just got my 2nd band in on 30/12/12. I live across the puddle in Melbourne, and today i start mushies, very excited. Depeneding on your meal plan as if your like me and only allowed 3 meals a day or less or allowed meals and Snacks. So for meal ideas and snacks if you are allowed them look in food and nutrition. But explore every ware and again welcome and have a fantastic day!!!!

Hi Skuzzie, Can I ask why you have just had a 2nd band done? Thanks for the tip on the food and nutrition.

Yeh, i got the first one out after 2 years and lots of adjustuments or fills i lost 20kg but after moving from tasmania back to victoria id had enough of 6 months throwing everything up and when the different surgeon took it out he said it was messy and the band was sideways. 18 months later and of course put it all back on again. So after a lot of thinking i know it works and i moved to melbourne and we actually have support!!! In hobart i asked the surgeon about food and he said everyone is different so he doesent recomend anything to us! Here it is a centre surgeons nurses nutritionalist and acess to phsycolgy if needed and follow up for life. Do lots of research and check Amazon.com and in general google band recipe books and find out the plan that is set for you. For example how many meals a day etc. But i dont miss or crave foods and in the mornings i wake up slightly hungry i have to take 5 drugs twice a day and they almost fill me up and a coffee and i have saitey. But im only 8 days post op. But im happy i made the decision to get it back in. Any questions just ask im happy to help