Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I was banded last Wednesday and am having my follow up appointment today. Everything is going well and I feel great.

I am a bank manager so even when my weight was at healthy levels I had to wear Spanx under my suits, pants and dresses. I mean, let's face it, they're an absolute miracle.

Does anyone out there wear spanx? When were you able to begin wearing them again after surgery? I hope to go back to work tomorrow and reeeealy need to be able to. I'll ask the doc today of course but I'd like to hear from you guys.

Thanks!

A can wear Spanx, just don't need to anymore. If it does not hurt your incisions or press on you port, I don't see why not.

Maybe I dont get out enough, I keep hearing about Spanx, What are they????

They can be a woman's best friend :). You wear them under your clothes and they can make you look a dress size smaller, clothes fit more comfortably and smooth out unsightly bumps and lumps. I think the website is spanx.com. I get them at Lane Bryant.

is it like a girdle??? guess i will google that,,,

Yes like a girdle but better. They breathe because they're thinner but they hold you in so much better. They have countless different styles...even clothes. Pricey but awesome.

well I will have to check out. I could use some slimming smoothing and and whatever else they do. Are they comfy??

I think they are. Just look at the chart and make sure you get the right size for your height and weight. They're not just for overweight people either. Celebrities swear by them.

Some doctors recommend you wear compression shorts (like bicyclists wear) to help in the healing process. The Spanx will keep your skin from hanging so much and could help tighten the muscles. I wore the shorts for about 2 weeks after surgery and still wear them every now and then.

My opinion is they are pointless. We are overweight and wearing one isn't giving to change that. Also how many men are using them?

I've never tried them, but was considering it once. They are kinda pricey. My thinking is that I just lost 75 lbs so whatever I look like now is a vast improvement over what I used to look like.

I only have certain things that I will wear this type of garment with, because frankly, I find them absolutely awful to wear. I have a couple of slips and some compression tanks - but I cannot tolerate any of the girdles - they make me feel sick to wear.

For me, I dont see the point under regular clothes but they smoothe me out under one or two clingy dresses that I'd wear for special occasions (I have saddlebags). The rest of the time I prefer to accept my figure faults and dress to disguise rather than make myself uncomfortable.