Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think I Am Too Tight

I had my 2nd fill 4 days ago and I am really having a tough time. It takes an hour or more to eat a cup of food and if I take a bite that's too big or too quickly I instantly get stuck and feel like I need to vomit to get it to move. I am afraid I need to have some Fluid removed but I am afraid to call or that I am just jumping to conclusions. I am just tired of being miserable. The last 4 days have been rough.

I have had similar experience from my 4th fill. Challenges with Protein getting stuck. Have really had to slow my eating and take very small bites. It has begun to get a little better as time goes on my band usually will loosen a bit. If you do not have a comfort level with what is happening, you should reach out to your doctor. Good luck to you in your journey!

Go for an unfill. Suffering is not part of the program!

I had my 2nd fill 4 days ago and I am really having a tough time. It takes an hour or more to eat a cup of food and if I take a bite that's too big or too quickly I instantly get stuck and feel like I need to vomit to get it to move. I am afraid I need to have some Fluid removed but I am afraid to call or that I am just jumping to conclusions. I am just tired of being miserable. The last 4 days have been rough.

Hey Sweet, if you are experiencing any tightness, or feel like you are getting stuck when eating, more than likely you may just need a small unfill. From everything I have read on here about fills and waiting is the outcome is not good if doing so. You want to take care of it right away, preventing any slips especially. Contact your surgeon first thing in the morning and let them know what you are experiencing. I have heard people getting fills, leaving the office, and turning right back around to get an unfill. Believe me the surgeons have seen and heard it all, that is what they are there for.

Hope everything works out for you hon (hugs)

yes talk to your doctor but double check the size of your bits I couldn't believe how small they had to be in the first week of the fill. Also did you do liquids and mushy for a couple of days also to get use to the new size? that is often helpful. Mine is tight but I like it that way it keeps me doing it right with very small bites and it doesn't like junk food any more and I am thrilled by that. talk to your doctor you can always get more in if you need it later be comfortable we will be doing this the rest of our lives. feel better soon.

Call your doctor tomorrow but sometimes you do have severe swelling and it takes a while. You might need an unfill but sometimes these things just take some time and you have to get used to eating with a tighter stoma. But call them for sure first thing.

Im with you, girl! I had my 2nd fill a couple weeks ago and it is MILES different from the 1st. I can barely eat anything solid without it getting stuck. I've been on the Soup diet. I am getting discouraged and am thinking about a small unfill. Its been hell. I'm sick right now so coughing a lot and have thrown up 3 times. NOT COOL! Hope you get it figured out. Best of luck. Write back with what you end up doing.

I went in today. I have a 10cc band and am currently at 5ccs. He basically said to just eat smaller amount (half a cup of food) or whatever I can get down within 30-45 minutes and call it good. He said if I was still having a lot of problems to come back but I have an appt in January already set up. I guess I just need to adjust myself. Portions, bite sizes, chewing and time I take to eat. I just feel so hungry though and I am trying not to snack. Its hard.

It is soooo hard! Harder than I could have ever imagined. But, its worth it! The suffering now will seem so minimal as we approach our goal weights. I thought I was gonna DIE after my surgery from the pain but it went away and is now a vague memory. Hopefully our troubles now will soon be the same.

Yeah if I start seeing some better results on the scale it will be worth it. Also once I get used to all of this eating I should be okay I think.

I went in today. I have a 10cc band and am currently at 5ccs. He basically said to just eat smaller amount (half a cup of food) or whatever I can get down within 30-45 minutes and call it good. He said if I was still having a lot of problems to come back but I have an appt in January already set up. I guess I just need to adjust myself. Portions' date=' bite sizes, chewing and time I take to eat. I just feel so hungry though and I am trying not to snack. Its hard.[/quote']

Try using a baby spoon to eat. That helps me with bite sizes.

It also helps to drink something hot to loosen up your band. It will be times that your band is much tighter than normal. In the morning I can hardly drink Water. I have to take tiny sips. I drink my Protein. How ever long it takes is fine by me, as long as I get it in. Now if you can't eat at all its not good. Taking small bites and slowing down your eating process is all apart of your new eating journey. I wish I'd understood that 6 months ago. I thought something was wrong with the band. Its me that to better learn the devise inside of me.

If its too uncomfortable call your doctor.

Try using a baby spoon to eat. That helps me with bite sizes.

Prior to my leak I was at the perfect spot and often ate my meals with the baby spoon or fork that truly helped a great deal! I was on a roll losing a lot of weight then the damn leak happened. I'm at the same spot you are now with my second go around, I'm wondering if I need an unfill I'm at 5.5cc from my 2nd fill yesterday. It's hard to remind myself I had the same experience last time and after a few days it adjusted. If you're honestly trying whats been suggested and you're still having issues then get a small unfill and see how that goes. If that loosens it too much then you know you we'rent honestly trying and will need a fill.. Don't feel bad, it's not a perfect science and not all of us are the same. Once you find that spot you'll know it..