Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Different Types Of Bands

A friend had 2.25cc and can't eat a thing .. I was at 4cc and fine (now at 5cc and fine).. to which I asked my DR.. whats the deal with that.. he said "Oh, she has a 10cc band no doubt" .. hmm.. ok.. what do I have?? "an AP band" .. Does anyone know the big differences and what I should expect more.. I'm really slow with loss.. and I mean.. stalled for like a month and I'm 6 weeks post op. At 5 cc now.. and before I get the same "count calories.. do you walk" (that's the same stuff people would always say before surgery too.. I always watched what I ate and exercised.. I'm not the person who ate snickers all day then got lap and am now eating healthy for the first time in my life)..

Im not sure about the differance either...

I have a REALIZE BAND its a 11 cc

My Doctor told me this band usually takes 8 to 9 ccs for many to feel the green zone...

I am at 9 ccs and I think its perfect....my g/f also has the same and she is at 9.25cc and she is good......

I have an Allergan omni form (latest band) 14cc band with 2 fills of 1.5cc each time. The surgeon pre-filled with 1.5cc during band date. So I have 4.5cc in a size 14cc band. My surgeon wants me around 2 pounds a week loss or 8 pounds per month. He really doesn't care about "green zone". He believes long term for a patient to adapt to good eating habits first rather than the band doing most of the work. I'm scheduled for a third fill visit on Dec 11, but I'm close to 8 pounds a month in weight loss. So, I might not get another fill until he sees a possible weight gain. I have a very cautious doctor.

The type of band should not matter. The amount in the band should not matter what your friends have doesn't matter. What your doing to live healthy does. All I know is I have a 10 cc band I'm on my 1st fill and have .6 in it is all. I watch what I eat and try to walk every day that's what counts it's not a race. Your the only person that counts its your path 10 months 10 yrs doesn't matter as long as you as you and your doctor are on the same game plan and your making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

what type of band shoudnt matter but whats in it should I have a 10cc band and after 3 fills have 6.5 in it and I am not hungry all day...it should stop the consistant thinking of food because you are satisfied...drink a loTrack you food and exercise and get your fills that is how the band works let it work with you.t helps of course..you should loss 6-8 lbs a month.

I agree that the type of brand band does not matter, it will be the fills and how you adjust to them that does. As you can see we all have different size bands, and it takes many fills, unfills to reach restriction, everyone is different.

BTW, my surgeon put a Realize band inside me, as I am clear about the Realize band it is a ONE size fits all, extending from 11cc to 14cc. Personally, I have an 11cc band inside and as of to date had no fills, but that does not mean I will never have one. My surgeon said he does not want to put any fills in me yet....

Lap-Band AP (Advanced Performance) is the brand name of a gastric band produced by Allergan. They have 10cc (standard) and 14cc (large) bands, which is used is strictly based on the thickness of your stomach lining and is determined at time of surgery. There is another company who produced a gastric band called the Realize band. I believe they are mainly on the east coast. I am at 7cc in a 10cc Lap-Band and am great. I know people who are at 4cc in a 14cc band and they are good too. I personally know people who also have the Realize band and it is basically all working for them the same way as it is for me. Hope this helps!