Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Vitamins should I buy post op? Can you purchase any in stores? My surgery is 11/28.

MY SURGEON TOLD ME JUST A GOOD ALL AROUND MULTI Vitamin, ,, SO I GOT WOMENS Gummy BEAR Vitamins I FIRST BOUGHT THE chewable VIT BUT OH YUCK I HATED THEM,,, MY SURGERY DATE IS DEC 12,,,, GOOD LUCK

I take adult Gummy vitamins... I get mine at SAMs but they sell them everywhere.

my doc says I can't take Calcium and Multivitamin together... i was literally taking Vitamins all day. I bought the regular Centrum adult Vitamins and have been breaking them up... It doesn't say anywhere on the bottle NOT to break them up. I only have to take that once a day instead of 4 times a day with the chewables. I'd prefer once a day because i was literally taking vitamins every two hours and it was hard to keep up with...

does anyone know if this okay?

I also have to take Vitamin d, Biotin. Not to mention the B12 shots i have to give myself. It's like a job keeping up with the vitamins.

Most Multivitamins are very much the same. So just get one that you like to take everyday. Breaking up a tablet one is fine as they are usually just coated for your stomach. If you need extra Vitamin D (I'm pale and sunburn easily so I need extra as I avoid sun exposure) get one that is gel form not tablet. Also should take with food as Vitamin d is fat soluble. If vitamin b complex is being taken get the liquid kind that you put under your tongue. B complex is Water soluble. Be careful of ODing on Iron. Usually what's in the Multivitamin is enough. And there's a certain way to take the Calcium so that it absorbs better but I can't think of it at the moment. Hope this info helps. :-)

My doctor never said not to take the Multivitamin and Calcium together. 1 thing to remember however is you can't take Iron and calcium together because the iron prevents the body from absorbing calcium. I take my iron pill early in the morning and then the rest of my Vitamins later in the day.

Multi vit

Calcium

Iron

B12

B complex

CQ10

D

I also added Centrum fruits and veggies, just in case

I was told not to use the gummies because they may get stuck. Has anyone had a problem with them? I'm taking the chewables every day, but they are just nasty!

2.5 years out take gummies daily no problems. I do bite the fiber ones in half so that be may be why they don't get stuck. The vit D is pretty small. I actually quite like the Caltrate plus chewable Calcium. For the multi I take a children's chewable that's the costco store brand much cheaper than Flintstones with choline.

I was told the same thing about the gummies getting stuck - my doc recommended chewables or ones that can be crushed and sprinkled in things. And taking the Multivitamin with the Calcium was a no-no because the calcium blocks the Iron absorption and vice versa. We also were advised to take the calcium in 500mg does throughout the day rather than all at once because the absorption isn't as efficient with larger doses (and also a reason to separate calcium from Multi-Vitamin, because your multi might also have calcium). According to my pre-op class, we have to take a multi-vitamin, calcium citrate, Fiber, and Vitamin D if the calcium doesn't have it. And the class instructor gave us Bariatric Advantage samples, although I'm not sure I'll use them.

Hi Lisa,

I am taking all in liquid form:

Multivitamin

Calcium

B12

Bioton

Pro-biotics.

I was basically taking all these before my surgery this past Tuesday, but now I have added in the Calcium.

Hope you are doing well.!!

calcium citrate minis with D work for Calcium. I take regular Centrum silver. Being post menopausal don't need the Iron. B-Complex, Biotin 500mcg, Zinc Glucosamine, chondroitin with MSM.