Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Srewed Up Bad On Thanksgiving, Depressed!

I kind of look up to you. So to see that even you have a day sometimes. It makes me feel like I'm not a loser. I didn't do to bad...but I definitely didn't count calories. Thanks so much for being you.

Awww thank you!! :wub:

I most certainly have my "off days". I meant it when I said it's necessary (for me, anyway) so I don't feel deprived. Feeling deprived has historically lead to feelings of "screw this, I'm done!" and going food crazy gaining weight. I knew going into this surgery I couldn't allow myself to feel deprived.

On my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas I don't track calories. I truly eat whatever I what. I am just mindful of two things- sticking to a cup or less of food and stopping eating when I'm no longer hungry. But, like yesterday for instance, I know I ate TONS more than my normal calories.

Here's the great thing about the band- if you stick to band portions and stop eating when you're not hungry? Even though you're indulging big time, you're still likely eating 1/4 of what you would have without the band.

I just try to be realistic. I'm human, I love food, and I want my days to just enjoy it :)

Please I drank and entire bottle of wine to myself! and enjoyed every single last drop of it! I ate small slivers of everything I cooked and baked. Nothing compared to how I ate last year, OMG when I think about how I ate plates of food and big chunks of pies, ontop of booze.

This was the first time I drank in 7 months. I had the nicest buzz on after spending half a week preparing for Thanksgiving with my family (I host every year), and believe me the wine came in handy, LOL Ontop of me Hosting, I did all the serving, and spent most of my entire day on my feet. I also spent 3 hours cleaning up when everyone left. I would deff say I burned some calories inbetween :)

Its all in moderation, no reason to give up anything you love. We didn't get big in one day, or from eating tiny portions!

Now, back on track today is a new day... Till Christmas of course :)

I can't get down on myself for enjoying the sampling of a number of many of the choices of traditional Thanksgiving foods which were on the dinner table yesterday. I didn't eat extreme portions, and I did allow myself to have a very small portion of many of the different family tradition menu items which we have every Thanksgiving. I felt the key was to not have too much of anything...and I didn't. These recipes are only prepared once a year, so to miss everything would have left me feeling deprived of a great time and traditions.

I know myself well enough to understand that I am able to return to my diet compliance the following day. I also know that celebrating a holiday was not the reason I became obese.

Understanding my limits and getting back on track the following day were not a justification or a rationalization for me to stray from my daily routine. Joining in an annual family celebration is an event which I likely would have resented not participating in.

I understand that none of us will have perfect daily compliance with what we understand we need to do for weight loss success. I also understand that resentments for not joining in will often sabotage diet compliance.

Every day brings choices...yesterday I celebrated Thanksgiving. Today I am back to my compliance with my portions and few carbs. No harm done, and great memories of quality time with cherished family.

I came home a day early from moms to get away from the food. I did eat more that I should yesterday, but Thanksgiving is just one day. Tomorrow will better, so will everyone elses. Let's all see how good we can be between now and Christmas.

I'm remorseful today as well. Today is my 4 month anniversary and yesterday I was 40 pounds down. I dare not weigh today. I go for my 4th fill on Tuesday & after yesterday I AM READY!!!!'

Everyone has an occasional indulgence, the difference is now you just plan for them and don't make them the focus. Do not allow one day to destroy your self confidence and success. This is a life style not a diet so you didn't cheat! Holidays are hard, not only because of the many delicious foods but also because of all the added stress and expectations we place on ourselves. Tomorrow is a new beginning, forgive your self and move toward your goal.

I had a piece of pumpkin Praline Cheesecake and I loved every delicious bite of it. Will I gain weight, no I doubt it but I won't have it again for a very long time and I will not get on the scales for a few days.

Good luck to you and much success!

The worst thing you can do is get depressed. You induldged a little, you are allowed especially around holiday times. Get back on track, do some extra exercise but do not get depressed. You need to change that way of thinking.

It's one day. Forget it and move on.

I'm disappointed in myself and I'm terrified to weigh myself after yesterday. I haven't had that many calories since before I had the surgery. Smh

So, you learned a valuable lesson. It's not like nobody else ever fell off The Bandster Wagon. Get back to real living and looking forward. You will do great!

The worst thing you can do is get depressed. You induldged a little' date=' you are allowed especially around holiday times. Get back on track, do some extra exercise but do not get depressed. You need to change that way of thinking.[/quote']

I agree. Forget yesterday, look forward to tomorrow and know you will do better. You know you can do it. One slip does not make a big ole Fall.. I'm sick of hearing "I allowed my self a tiny portion..." puleeze! There is nothing wrong with ENJOYING every bite because your living a LIFE, not a constant diet, with the band None of us should be living a diet, - we should be living life to the fullest as it is a very fleeting thing. I have made a good rule for my self, ....a strict rule lately to only weigh on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, that works for Me and don't obsess every minute of every waking moment. Ny lovely band has helped me so much in just plain loving life. I have several functions, weddings, award banquets coming up for Christmas and New Year's Eve, I will enjoy one of them. Christmas is just 30 days away then New Years resolutions to made, Be Happy!

I can't hardly wait when friends who haven't seen me for a while see me at Christmas gatherings in a form fitting dress because, I GOT A FORM AGAIN! ;)

I agree. Forget yesterday, look forward to tomorrow and know you will do better. You know you can do it. One slip does not make a big ole Fall.. I'm sick of hearing "I allowed my self a tiny portion..." puleeze! There is nothing wrong with ENJOYING every bite because your living a LIFE, not a constant diet, with the band None of us should be living a diet, - we should be living life to the fullest as it is a very fleeting thing. I have made a good rule for my self, ....a strict rule lately to only weigh on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, that works for Me and don't obsess every minute of every waking moment. Ny lovely band has helped me so much in just plain loving life. I have several functions, weddings, award banquets coming up for Christmas and New Year's Eve, I will enjoy one of them. Christmas is just 30 days away then New Years resolutions to made, Be Happy!

I can't hardly wait when friends who haven't seen me for a while see me at Christmas gatherings in a form fitting dress because, I GOT A FORM AGAIN! ;)

Congrt on your success. I respect your point of view but some people need to be more strict with themselves in the losing stage. I cheated 5 times during my losing stage of 22 months... Because i needed to stay focused or I would back peddle. I know myself. Lol

So while it's great to enjoy life and splurge every once in awhile ...for people like me it might be best to be stricter during the losing part of the journey.

Just wanted to share that point of view.