Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters!

Having a dull ache/pain on my left upper abdominal area today. So worried that its a slip... Haven't had any complications that would cause a slip that I'm aware of anyway...

I'm so worried!

Having a dull ache/pain on my left upper abdominal area today. So worried that its a slip... Haven't had any complications that would cause a slip that I'm aware of anyway...

I'm so worried!

Ask your doctor? Not something to mess around with dear. Keep us posted!

How long have you felt that pain for? I felt something similar yesterday. It didn't last very long. Every time I feel any discomfort though I always fear it's from having the lap band. I just had my gallbladder taken out! My dr said I may never have had a problem with it if I hadn't had lap band surgery. Let us know what your dr says about your pain. Thanks!

Only off and on yesterday. It's better today. It's lower in my abdomen. Almost like menstrual cramps. Has anyone experienced a change in menstrual cramping after surgery?

I've had some pain like that. On the lower left side but more so on the right. I notice it dull or go away for awhile when I have a BM. it might be Constipation. I mentioned the pain I was having to my PA yesterday and she said that's probably what it was

Good to know. It's been better the last two days. Called my docs office and explained. They felt like I was ok because there are no other concerning signs and its not too bothersome. I figure its either Constipation or swelling from my cycle...

Only off and on yesterday. It's better today. It's lower in my abdomen. Almost like menstrual cramps. Has anyone experienced a change in menstrual cramping after surgery?

Yes! Cramping was so bad for the first two cycles after surgery, it was nearly intolerable. Now it seems to have gone back to baseline. I wonder if our hormones get all out of whack or something.

My symptoms Basically went away. I didn't take pain meds and now I've skipped a month. It's very weird I'm used to bad cramps and regular periods.

January bandits-- check in and let us know how much you've lost, what you've learned that helps you the most and any complications and other info that could help any of us.

Starting weight 258lbs

Current wt 238lbs

Banded 1/23/13

Weight loss 20lbs

I had my gallbladder removed 4/2/13 because I was having severe gallstone pain. Because of that I went without a fill for a while. I now have 5cc in 10cc band. I'm having trouble following the diet guidelines, i.e.eating enough Protein, eating thick meat first, staying away from sweets, drinking enough Water.< /p>

Im doing well I had surgery 1/24 and lost 32 lbs so far. I have had no complications. I am getting my Protein in easily with lots of chicken, eggs and fish. maybe try Unjury unflavored in oj can't taste it and it's 20 grams per serving. I add fresh lemons and limes to my Water for some spunk ;)

Starting weight was 277

Current weight 249

Weightloss 28 pounds

No preop diet really

Surgery was on 1/30/13

No issues or complications. Going in for third fill next week. Don't remember how many cc's are in my band, I honestly don't care. Staying focused on eating and exercising and loving to get new clothes. I'm very happy and cant wait till summer time to go be active with my family.

Starting weight was 277

Current weight 249

Weightloss 28 pounds

No preop diet really

Surgery was on 1/30/13

No issues or complications. Going in for third fill next week. Don't remember how many cc's are in my band, I honestly don't care. Staying focused on eating and exercising and loving to get new clothes. I'm very happy and cant wait till summer time to go be active with my family.

Starting weight: 286

Current weight: 258

Banded 1/23/13

Weightloss: 38 pounds

I have been doing really well, some weeks go better than others. I find that some weeks I can lose 3 lbs and the next nothing at all. Haven't figured that out yet. I went for my 3rd fill yesterday afternoon and am a little concerned it might be to much. I have felt like some of the liquids I have had today stuck around a little to long in my throat. I guess I will know better when I can have mushy food tomorrow. I hope I don't have to go get an unfill. Glad to know everybody is sticking with it and doing well.

I meant to say current weight 248 on my post - making 38 lbs!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and no complications thank goodness. I was banded on January 14th and am down 45 1/2 lbs. No fills yet....doing fine without them so far. Next appt. is May 17th and I'll see how I'm doing then. By the way....I'm going shoe shopping on Saturday...most of my flats and other slip on shoes have gotten too loose. I knew I'd have to get new clothes but didn't expect I'd need shoes as well....LOL!