Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters!

Sorry guys I have been out of touch. I am busy at work since I hae gone back. I am one month post op today. I can start regular food next Friday. However' date=' I have not lost weight since the surgery. My first fill is on the 22nd. Anyone else having the same problem? I haven't been cleared to exercise yet.

Also, has anyone had any wine or alcohol yet? I am craving wine.[/quote']

I am one month post op also. I have not lost any more weight since my surgery either.

I had a few glasses of wine Super Bowl Sunday but I calculated it into my food for the day. It was really good too (Mascoto) yummy!

Hi everybody. I was banded the 23rd. Today has been my hardest day. I have been craving sweets all day and it didn't help that there was a dessert auction at church today. My kids bought some Cookies, the no-bake chocolate kind (yum), and I bought my husband a chocolate pecan pie. I have had a bite of both and am fighting not to have another bite. It is so hard because I have been so good but I feel like I could grab a spoon and make myself sick on the pie. Uugghh! I have not had any alcohol and am wanting to wait a little longer. I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op and I can eat chicken, fish, Protein Shakes, yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies. Of course all of this has to be chewed to the consistancy of applesauce and I can only have 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day.I started my post op on Jan 9th and so far I have lost 26 lbs - 12 before surgery and 14 since. I get my first fill on the 15th. I hope it gets better for everybody who is struggling. My doctor has a support group once a week for all of his patients. Do you guys have that option. I have been 2x and have really enjoyed all the information that is shared. If you can I highly recommend it.

Hi everybody. I was banded the 23rd. Today has been my hardest day. I have been craving sweets all day and it didn't help that there was a dessert auction at church today. My kids bought some cookies' date=' the no-bake chocolate kind (yum), and I bought my husband a chocolate pecan pie. I have had a bite of both and am fighting not to have another bite. It is so hard because I have been so good but I feel like I could grab a spoon and make myself sick on the pie. Uugghh! I have not had any alcohol and am wanting to wait a little longer. I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op and I can eat chicken, fish, Protein Shakes, yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies. Of course all of this has to be chewed to the consistancy of applesauce and I can only have 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day.I started my post op on Jan 9th and so far I have lost 26 lbs - 12 before surgery and 14 since. I get my first fill on the 15th. I hope it gets better for everybody who is struggling. My doctor has a support group once a week for all of his patients. Do you guys have that option. I have been 2x and have really enjoyed all the information that is shared. If you can I highly recommend it.[/quote']

Yeah I got banded in 1/28/13

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

for those who have done mushies, what were your staples? I feel like scrambled eggs or tuna salad would be heavenly right now! I did have onion Soup today and did not take the onions out which doesn't meet the all liquids rule but everything seems to have gone down ok. Realized this morning my post op appointment is Wed not Thursday which is 1 day closer to eating food again!

Hey Everybody.

For those already banded, how long before your first fill? I got my band on January 18 and I don't get my first fill until February 28. I am frustrated cause I can eat whatever I want. I have almost gained all the weight I initially lost!!! I'm pretty depressed about it.

Hey Everybody.

For those already banded, how long before your first fill? I got my band on January 18 and I don't get my first fill until February 28. I am frustrated cause I can eat whatever I want. I have almost gained all the weight I initially lost!!! I'm pretty depressed about it.

I was banded on the 23rd and I get my first fill this Friday, the 15th. Sorry you are struggling with your nutrition. Don't give up and just keep trying. Are you controlling your portion sizes? I am only allowed 1/2 cup of food 3-4 times a day. It has to be either fish or chicken and steamed veggies. I can have a Protein Shake as a Meal Replacement. What kinds of things are you eating?

I got banded on January 23rd. My first fill is scheduled for February 27th. I have quite a bit of restriction with the bit of Fluid that is currently in my band. I haven't been really hungry at all. I'm forcing myself to get in three meals and when I do, I feel too full. With that being said, I was down 14 pounds since surgery (28 since the pre-op diet and 46 down from my highest ever), but I've gained 4 pounds since starting soft food on Wednesday?!?!? So annoying

Banded 1/30 and will be getting my first fill on 2/25. I am not struggling with my diet. I'm not hungry so I might not even get a fill. I guess we will see when I go in. I'm still losing about a pound every other day or so. That time of the month is ending so I might lose more.

Hey Everybody.

I was banded on Jan 18th, and not scheduled for my first fill until Feb 25th, but I chose that date because it worked best with my schedule. I'm thinking about calling and seeing if they have a sooner opening, because I'm also dealing with hunger and no restriction. I have been losing, though, because I've been counting my calories (1000 per day goal) and doing high protein/low carb and treadmill for 60 minutes a day. It's really hard! I've slipped up almost every day, but I count the calories and make up for it somehow. Yesterday I binged in the early afternoon and ate all the things I'm not supposed to. So I skipped dinner and went to the community pool to swim for 45 minutes. I still feel full and it's 2am!

Anyway, don't beat yourself up. Just figure out what you are doing wrong and look on these forums to see what the people who are successful are doing. Hopefully after your first fill, you will feel less hungry! That's what I'm counting on!

Hey Everybody.

For those already banded' date=' how long before your first fill? I got my band on January 18 and I don't get my first fill until February 28. I am frustrated cause I can eat whatever I want. I have almost gained all the weight I initially lost!!! I'm pretty depressed about it.[/quote']

I too am discouraged. I was banded 1/29 and first fill is 2/25. I'm hungry all the time and struggle with making good food choices at this time.

I too am discouraged. I was banded 1/29 and first fill is 2/25. I'm hungry all the time and struggle with making good food choices at this time.

Me too! I am trying to be positive. I go for my first fill the 26th.

Me too! I am trying to be positive. I go for my first fill the 26th.

thanks ! i'm happy for all on here who are doing so well.... but it's getting hard to even read the forums! keep me posted on your fill.

thanks ! i'm happy for all on here who are doing so well.... but it's getting hard to even read the forums! keep me posted on your fill.

So you know your not alone, I have been so hungry all day. I have had a snack of almonds. Don't know how bad they are for me, buy tried to find something other than sweets. Ugh.

Hang in there guys! You can do this.