Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paranoid Questions About Fills And Slips-Please Help!

How long are you supposed to wait between fills (if you are looking for more restriction)?

Before the first fill, am I supposed to limit myself to 1 cup of food? Is there something wrong if I can eat more than a cup at a time?

I'm also getting kind of paranoid about slips, since I am self-pay. Are most slips caused because of eating too much or are there lots of random factors that cause them--basically, is it in my hands whether or not I have a slip?

I'm curious about the slips too. One of my coworkers had a slip and had to have a revision surgery. She still doesn't regret it because she lost 50 lbs, got off her BP meds and got rid of her sleep apnea. She just told me to be careful and hope to have better luck than she did.

Best to keep your meal portions to one cup you until you achieve restriction. Your dr will let you know how often he/she will give fills. All dry are different on that one!

re slips - most occur due to the patient's eating practices so learn as much as you can pre-surgery for best results.

good luck and keep on asking questions.

Thanks...I've been doing a lot of research about the incidence of slips and the numbers vary wildly--some say 3 percent, others say up to 25%. So it's been REALLY hard for me to determine how common slips are.

I'm still pre op but just wanted to thank you for the questions. These are things I'm curious about too.

The slips depend on you. Eating solids too early, eating too much, vomiting, exerting yourself, all these things...you have to be really careful so you are not a statistic even if it is hard at first!

Fills usually are every 3 months ..being able to eat more than cup of food is normal, your band has very little to no Fluid in it yet. They want you to internally healed before any fills are started. slippage concerns .. seldom happens and 99% of them are due to lack of common sence. As you progress you'll figure! out what you can and can't handle but never force yourself to vomit! and don't feel foolish asking questions .. that's the purpose of site.

Fills usually are every 3 months ..being able to eat more than cup of food is normal' date=' your band has very little to no Fluid in it yet. They want you to internally healed before any fills are started. slippage concerns .. seldom happens and 99% of them are due to lack of common sence. As you progress you'll figure! out what you can and can't handle but never force yourself to vomit! and don't feel foolish asking questions .. that's the purpose of site.[/quote']

Mine are every month, Steve! Some get a fill during surgery, depends on the surgeon. I did not but I've read a lot of posts that say they were filled during surgery.

well, I guess just like everything else.,technology has made advances in lapband improvements. sorry for incorrect info peepz