Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friends With Benefits? How Do You Feel About It?

Just curious to know? if the opportunity ever happened would you take advantage of it or not?

wow figures a guy would ask this. (stupid man)

No way cuz someone usually ends up hurt in the end and trust me it never ends well for the womman.

get yourself into a loving commited relationship because you could ruin a perfectly good friendship with sex, and that would not be worth the sex.

No why should I give everything away and get nothing in return. You know that saying why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. Especially now in this day in time with 1 in 7 adults being HIV positive and 1 in 4 having STD's hell to the no. No way not even with three condoms on his you know what.

I totally see where the ladies are coming from. It's a slippery slope. To put a little bit different spin on it - I think that type of "relationship" can be functional for a while if BOTH people are looking for the same thing. Problem is, most of the time one person develops feelings and eventually gets hurt. Plus, if this person was in fact a friend, not just a sex buddy, the friendship would be damaged beyond repair. I think "Friends with Benefits" is a bad idea.

I'm married, and have been for almost 9 years, so any type of relationship like that is a no-go. Before my husband though, I was put in the situation with a man who was my best friend at the time. Feelings were there, you could tell, but we had (and still have) such a good friendship that we focused on that and never got romantically involved. Neither one of us were looking for a serious relationship, we'd both just gotten out of them, but we valued our friendship enough to hold back.

I think its a great way to ruin a good friendship personally - at the moment, have a friend in a similar situation. He speaks as if its the greatest thing int he world, all care, no responsibility, but he's definitely bluffing and she treats it the same but is even more obviously bluffing.

Although there's nothing wrong with sex just for the sake of it, entering into a relationship where you give that away but get nothing back can be demoralising and degrading for both sexes. It rarely brings happiness.

So personally, when I was not married I might be talked into it once if I were reaaaaaaally horny (usually involving alchohol) once would be it. I wouldnt enter into an official "friends with benefits' relationship. Its bound to end in tears if you ask me.

I have a question for you dear...when were you banded 2005 or 2006?

me? 2006

I just asked ladies, no need to maul me! I never said I was pro nor con

Well as you can see it's a touchy subject lol

Thats what happens when guys ask questions like that we all bum rush you together so now do you really want to know how we feel lol

I plea the 5th

You say 2005 in some threads and 2006 in others. I decided instead of answering your question to go see "who is this guappo?" Take it all in stride, you open this can after all!

yea I realized I was off by a year in few postings.. sure that's not a good thing guapo? !