Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally My Ahahah Moment!!! Any Advice???

YEAH! I think I FINALLY FOUND MY NINCH! Advice would be greatly appreciated. I got banded on April 17th 2012. I have lost 39 pounds and to be honest have been struggling. I think I feel like I have finally have an understanding of what I was doing wrong for a few weeks. I am on my 4th fill and just had another one this past Wednesday. However during the last six weeks I only lost 2 pounds. I was not making good choices with my meals and going out to eat ALOT. So now I realize that I must keep to 3 oz of Protein at each meal if I can and make sure my diet is balanced. I have not been eating alot of fruits and veggies because I have had some trouble with them. The most important thing I now understand is how slowly I must eat and to chew 30 times.

This is such a long steady journey but one that I know is so WORTH it! I have never felt better about myself and am halfway to my goal. I am at 204 right now and am going to work hard to get under 200 for the holidays. What a great Christmas present that will be!

My question is I am a teacher and have a difficult time with bringing things for lunch. I have a hard time eating some things and would like to see if anyone has any good ideas of things that are soft and easy to bring for lunch? I appreciate any thoughts or ideas! This forum has been so valueable through this process! Thank you all for your support!

You can take tuna or chicken salad. I love ocean cafe crab cakes. I would make sure you pack lunch the night before. Egg salad is good too. I am pretty much a vegan so I cant help much with meat choices.

hi,

OK so you are a teacher ok sandwiches are out obviously, and be caereful with school lunch if you do decide to purchase.

Canned fruit rinsed from it's Syrup or juice is often softer and easier for you to chew.

What about protien shake? if you don't have alot of time, can you get milk from the school cafeteria?.

some do ok with cut veggies but not leaffy greens like lettuce. OR for protien what about baked fish or chicken brought from home from lastnight's supper? Just be careful with microvaving don't overheat it it might get rubbery.

I just made a pot of chilli, I can still smell it.

it was so simple to make

My own recipe...you can add anything you like.

2 cans Beans ( i used black beans) rinsed

1 can diced tomatoes ( low sodium)

1/2 cup minced onion

1 tbsp olive oil

fresh cilantro

1 lb lean ground turkey

fat free cheddar cheese

I heated oil in pan, added onion and turkey. cook until lightly brown.

Add 2 cans rinsed black Beans, 1 can diced Tomato with juice, 1 packet chili seasoning packet.

Cooked covered, on low heat for 1 hour

I divided into six portions, added 1/4 cup ff cheddar cheese( 9 grams protein) to top of each portion with a little minced cilantro. I froze 4 portions and left 2 in the fridge for easy grab and go lunches for Tues and Weds this week.

I'll be home the rest of the week will have 4 more portions available for quick meals next week ( or when ever the holiday turkey is gone).

I'll be cooking extra squash on thursday to divide into 1/2 cup portions to toss into my lunch bag too.

I find that preparing large quantities of "good" food at home takes the guess work and headaches out of those last minute meal decisions.

Starkist makes these great little tuna and crackers pack. It comes with tuna salad already mixed and Ritz type crackers. I take them in my backpack when I chaperone field trips with my son's school.

Believe it or not, Lunchables makes a really good fresh/healthy more adult meal. They come with stuff like turkey, low fat ranch, cheese, and pita bread to wrap it in. They also have apple slices in them. They're really good, low calorie and fat, and great for meals on the go.

Even if you made up some chili and then brought a cup of it to school in a ziploc container. Pop it in the microwave for a minute and you're good to go.

Hummus and cucumbers for me no heating necessary. Will also alternate with chicken salad with pineapple mixed in with cashews. Protein Bars low in sugar and carbs. I keep one in my handbag for emergencies.

I get sabra hummas in the snack size containers with the little container of pretzel thins attached. Sometimes I eat the thins, sometimes not. Always remember to chew chew chew.

I also got myself a bunch of those little colorful 1/2 cup plastic containers.They just make it so much easier to portion out foods like egg salad, tuna salad and cottage cheese.Plus, I use therm for a portion of veggies as well.

I have a few Bento -type lunch boxes. They have portion size containers and they are very cute. Cuteness counts a lot for me ! Silly but fun.

TO:

I feel like you just posted my story. I was also banded in April 2012 and I also teach school. I have had SEVERAL fills; currently have 9 cc's in a 14 cc band and still NOT in the darn "Green Zone" ---> if that even really exists (?)

I just cannot seem to keep up with all of these rules 100% of the time; and still struggle day to day.

I KNOW the answers . . . I read a lot of other people's post, I need to eat less, eat right, and exercise, but I thought the band would at least make me feel full so I could do all the right things. Obviously, if I could do all the right things, I would never have needed the band to begin with.

I am really starting to fill like a total "Debbie Downer"