Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanna Eat/taste Something

Hello lb world I'm 8 days post op and still on full liquids. But I'm craving something sweet or salty I need a chip or something. I'm doing shake for Breakfast and lunch and low sodium Soup for dinner. Today I had a gladiator smoothie which was much better than my normal but still craving. I still have until Monday for soft foods. What can I do?

Hello lb world I'm 8 days post op and still on full liquids. But I'm craving something sweet or salty I need a chip or something. I'm doing shake for breakfast and lunch and low sodium Soup for dinner. Today I had a gladiator smoothie which was much better than my normal but still craving. I still have until Monday for soft foods. What can I do?

stick it out as you are almost there.....proud of YOU

Hmm...definitely do not do the chips. If you're on full liquid, chips are off limits (I'll spare the lecture about chips being unhealthy for you, empty calories and carbs, etc....oops maybe I didn't spare it :) )

I totally get the salt craving on your liquid diet. I am a pickle girl, eat at least 1 pickle a day. I drank a small cup of pickle juice post-op! That curbed the salt craving I was having (geesh, my mouth is watering just thinking about Pickle Juice now!).

Otherwise - maybe some broth? chicken broth my have the salt flavor you're looking for.

If you're missing the crunch, then I've got nothing to offer, sorry!

Hello lb world I'm 8 days post op and still on full liquids. But I'm craving something sweet or salty I need a chip or something. I'm doing shake for Breakfast and lunch and low sodium Soup for dinner. Today I had a gladiator smoothie which was much better than my normal but still craving. I still have until Monday for soft foods. What can I do?

Try sugar free popsicles.

Resist the chip!!! Hang in there maybe try to put i tiny tiny bit of salt on your shake? I am not sure that is the best advice. Hopefully someone else will weigh in. You are doing great so hang in there!!! You will always have to conquer cravings. This is just a test!

Make your own Soups. Then you can put the herbs and spices that you want in them and they will probably be a lot healthier and more satisfying than the shop bought ones.

Thanks guys even though you all said everything I didn't want to hear. :(

Thanks guys even though you all said everything I didn't want to hear. :(

the banded b's believe in you.......

Yes. Awesome work, you're almost there. I'm seven days out - same craving for salt and a chip - but not going there. No cheating - just making this work. The Soup does help - i have good old fashioned cheap chicken bouillion - pretty damn salty.

Best wishes,

Anna

p.s. does anyone know how to get a profile picture - a real photo - to stand straight?

When I "had to have" chocolate i had a hershey kiss.

I also put salt and pepper in cottage cheese with a salted piece of tomato..

Thanks everybody. The bad part is its not that I'm hungry just use to snacking and chips were my snack food.< /p>