Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded October 26-12 What Can I Eat!

What can I eat please 19 days banded

post-205970-13813134516074_thumb.gif

post-342857-13813140590009_thumb.jpg

What stage are you on? What do your Dr's guidelines say? I would think it should be soft stuff like mashed veg, stewed fruit, cottage cheese etc but without knowing what your Dr has instructed it is hard to give advice.

Elcee is right. Every Dr is different. I had to stay on full liquid for 30 days .

What did your dr tell you, you can eat at this stage.............

Didn't you get instructions from your doctor? You should be followng them.

i agree with the other posters, didnt your dr or nutritionist give you a nutritional guideline to follow? if not, you need to call them and find out what to eat or not eat (at this stage).

each person and each dr is different. what worked for me or madds or elcee or cheryl or wild may not be what is right for you. dont go by what you read on this forum. always listen to your dr (they are the ones who operated on you).

What can I eat please 19 days banded

Applesauce I hate it. Cottage cheese, yogurt I hate it. Thinned mashed potatoes I don't want :(. . Scrambled eggs substitute. Will that be good? Cream of Wheat.

Applesauce I hate it. Cottage cheese, yogurt I hate it. Thinned mashed potatoes I don't want :(. . Scrambled eggs substitute. Will that be good? Cream of Wheat.

Did your surgeon and/or dietitian not tell you in advance what was allowed on your post-op diet? Or they did tell you, but you went ahead and had surgery anyway?

Scrambled egg substitute would be fine - if it's on your doctor's list of approved foods. Same for cream of wheat. If you're struggling to find foods that are both approved and appealing, why don't you call your dietitian and ask for suggestions?

I know I must sound unsympathetic but surviving the post-op diet (which is, after all, temporary) is a piece of calorie-free cake compared to surviving other medical treatments. For example, your post-op diet might last 4 weeks, but if hypertension is a comorbidity for you, a stroke (assuming you lived through it) could involve months of hospitalization, physical therapy, occupational therapy, medication, etc. etc.

Did your surgeon and/or dietitian not tell you in advance what was allowed on your post-op diet? Or they did tell you' date=' but you went ahead and had surgery anyway?

Scrambled egg substitute would be fine - if it's on your doctor's list of approved foods. Same for cream of wheat. If you're struggling to find foods that are both approved and appealing, why don't you call your dietitian and ask for suggestions?

I know I must sound unsympathetic but surviving the post-op diet (which is, after all, temporary) is a piece of calorie-free cake compared to surviving other medical treatments. For example, your post-op diet might last 4 weeks, but if hypertension is a comorbidity for you, a stroke (assuming you lived through it) could involve months of hospitalization, physical therapy, occupational therapy, medication, etc. etc.[/quote']

What? Forget it

Wow people sure get rude about this topic. Why don't you make some Soups and purée them, I mare a good carrot, coconut Soup, also google purée recipes there is a lot of stuff there.

I will be honest with you the shakes help you out alot, oh though they made me not able to use the bathroom and i had to take pills to go, but they fill you up and make sure you drink Water sometimes you may feel hungry but it may just be your body wanting water, I know how you feel i was in your position but i would call your doctor and ask them what else can you have and explain to them your likes and dislikes this way he can guide you the correct way.. gooduck

i dont think anyone is trying to be rude but merely trying to offer advice and guidance....again, call and discuss with your dr what you can and cannot eat as they are whom operated on you. (the people on this forum are terrific, but the advice on here should not be took over what your own doctor recommends).

What? Forget it

I apologize if what I said seemed rude or unclear. Let me try again:

The best people to advise you about what to eat or drink are the medical professionals at your surgeon's office, not the members of LBT, since as far as I know, none of us are trained or certified in medicine, surgery, or nutrition.

Jean I find all your post helpfull....maybe she was just having a down moment...because you didnt say anything rude......

Thanks for offering advice to all of us....

I'm with Jean, go back to the basics...your nutritionist. He/ She will have the answers you need.