Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Advice? Slipped?

So yesterday morning (saturday) I was eating some frosted mini wheats. For some reason they kind of got stuck and i PBed to try to get them up and suddenly had bad upper left Abd pain..very tender to touch... I work in an er so i went to work, struggled all day with heartburn and pain. unable to really drink or eat anything... I worked my shift and went home to attempt to just go to bed and the heartburn just got unbearable so i went back to work and was seen in the ER.. They did a CT and gave me fluids and pain meds and a GI cocktail, nothing helped for the pain or heartburn... They said everything was normal (CT and labs) they spoke with my surgeons partner who said I just need to get some Fluid taken out and send me home, and have me follow up tomorrow AM with them . I have been banded for 2 years; March 2010. I have had only 2 fills.. one like august 10 and one june 11... They sent me home in alot of pain (vitals high too because of the pain i am in, hr 112 bp 182/110) Still in unbearable pain(worse with eating or drinking,) with heartburn.

I just dont get it.. i have had NO problems with my lapband and the one time i do, i feel like no one is listening..

LC

I would urge after any stuck episode that you stick to liquids for a day or two, then mushies, then soft foods.... It is irritated and inflamed right now so you need to take it easy. Sorry you are experiencing this and good luck to you.

the frosted mini wheats were my last meal yesterday at 10am... only liquids since... even they hurt... tried broth little bit ago... didnt go well..

in VERY small amounts... they come back up if too much... we are talking maybe a few ounces..

Request a stomach scope

Appears that the Frosted Mini Wheats are a a no no for you! Unfortunately, foods are a trial and error. I can not eat them, tried and they did get stuck. I am sure that you are swollen and probably a bit bruised inside. See your surgeon today. He will probably advise warm liquids, slowly. I am advised to do 2 day clear and 2 day full after that type of episode. By the way, I keep coke around for this type of episode. Coke works like a Roto-rooter for me, it wooshes down the stuck item. My son, and daughter(both are lpbnders) say it causes the stuck to come up. You only need about 1-2 oz and I drink it warm. Best wishes, Karen