Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Okay here is what i had for Breakfast this morning. (low carb day)

2 Hard boiled egg whites only (I remove the yolk)

1 laughing cow lite cheese wedge

1 mini whole wheat soft wrap

1 bed of lettuce

pepper for taste

Calories: 135

Fat: 3.5

Protein: 18.8

Carbs: 10.8

Fiber: 6

Replying to Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Post Options

• Enable emoticons?

• Enable signature?

• Follow this topic?

Okay here is what i had for Breakfast this morning. (low carb day)

2 Hard boiled egg whites only (I remove the yolk)

1 laughing cow lite cheese wedge

1 mini whole wheat soft wrap

1 bed of lettuce

pepper for taste

Calories: 135

Fat: 3.5

Protein: 18.8

Carbs: 10.8

Fiber: 6

Not sure what happened there.. I uploaded my breakfast, see if I can do it again.... LBT is acting up

post-326501-13813140596347_thumb.jpg

Not sure what happened there.. I uploaded my breakfast, see if I can do it again.... LBT is acting up

sorry, I am wasting up space here, I forgot to tell you I mixed that cheese wedge in the eggs :)

Be careful ladies and gentlemen! Carb cycling isn't the best option and can completely tank your pancreas. Only extreme athletes do this and only for very limited amount of time! Goodluck

Be careful ladies and gentlemen! Carb cycling isn't the best option and can completely tank your pancreas. Only extreme athletes do this and only for very limited amount of time! Goodluck

Unless you're severely diabetic, it actually can't hurt you. I've researched this for weeks and it's actually much safer than low carb all the time.

Well I swore to myself I wouldn't step on the scale until Sunday but curiousity got the best of me, and I checked this morning. I'm down just a hair over 5 lbs! I was skeptical - eating so often makes me nervous - but it's working!

You are all brave woman, I am going to wait my full 7 day to jump on the scale. I am tempted don't get me wrong. but I am use to getting on the scale once a week so I don't want to make a habbit of doing it everyday. I can't handle the stress like that, No really I may wand up throwing my scale at the backyard window. Imagine the neighbors watching a scale fly through the air..... hahahahaaa.

Haha i'm not brave for getting on the scale- it just shows I have no self control- I'm only supposed to weigh myself 1x per week, and I wind up checking my weight 2x per day. Terrible, I know.

All this scale talk reminds me of a joke:

A guy forgets his wife's bday so she gets all huffy and says "we're through unless tomorrow morning there is something in the driveway that goes 0-180 in 7.2 seconds"!! (obviously she meant a sports car)

The next morning she looks out the window and see's a small box in the driveway with a bow. She unwraps it and lo and behold: It's a scale!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha i'm not brave for getting on the scale- it just shows I have no self control- I'm only supposed to weigh myself 1x per week, and I wind up checking my weight 2x per day. Terrible, I know.

All this scale talk reminds me of a joke:

A guy forgets his wife's bday so she gets all huffy and says "we're through unless tomorrow morning there is something in the driveway that goes 0-180 in 7.2 seconds"!! (obviously she meant a sports car)

The next morning she looks out the window and see's a small box in the driveway with a bow. She unwraps it and lo and behold: It's a scale!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, toooo funny!

Well I swore to myself I wouldn't step on the scale until Sunday but curiousity got the best of me, and I checked this morning. I'm down just a hair over 5 lbs! I was skeptical - eating so often makes me nervous - but it's working!

You couldn't hold out Jen!!! LOLOLOL GREAT news! I am jelly :P

Hanna, o wow that is great!!! You are doing really good on this too! ((hugs))

Awww thanks!!! Hugs right back atcha!!

Can't wait to hear about your losses when you get on the scale!

Just finished logging in for today and I had

1195 calories

129g of carbs

51g of fat

70g of Protein

Hope i'm doin ok...

I felt like I ate like a cow today

Just finished logging in for today and I had

1195 calories

129g of carbs

51g of fat

70g of Protein

Hope i'm doin ok...

I felt like I ate like a cow today

I think you're doing good! My only suggestion would be to maybe lower your fat a little on the high carb days. I know, it's confusing. This whole thing is one big learning experience.

I think you're doing good! My only suggestion would be to maybe lower your fat a little on the high carb days. I know, it's confusing. This whole thing is one big learning experience.

Thank you SO much for your continued support/advice/recommendations!! You have no clue how much I appreciate it, it has helped me so greatly.

I think I got it, for the low carb days, we go high on fat

For the high carb days we go low on fat

Thank you SO much for your continued support/advice/recommendations!! You have no clue how much I appreciate it, it has helped me so greatly.

I think I got it, for the low carb days, we go high on fat

For the high carb days we go low on fat

Yes exactly!

High carb days=low fat

Low carb days=high fat

The reason low carb days are high fat is because your body can't handle both low carb and low fat. It will start to use it's own muscle for energy- which we do not want at all.

High carb days are your typical low fat because the carbs are energy.

:)