Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Ok yes, the book does give sample menus. Some of it looks rather good too. He also has a website with some menu ideas.

As far as the low carb days, I'm still struggling to find food I like lol. I find myself eating a lot of salads with ham, cheese, and chic peas. I also like ham rolls (chives cut up into cream cheese then rolled into a piece of ham). chicken breast, pork chops, lunch meat. I've taken to eating a spoonful of Peanut Butter as a snack, too.

Missy,

I've started reading already and I wondered... did you do the exercise? Did you name your machine? I did :D

Ok yes, the book does give sample menus. Some of it looks rather good too. He also has a website with some menu ideas.

As far as the low carb days, I'm still struggling to find food I like lol. I find myself eating a lot of salads with ham, cheese, and chic peas. I also like ham rolls (chives cut up into cream cheese then rolled into a piece of ham). chicken breast, pork chops, lunch meat. I've taken to eating a spoonful of Peanut Butter as a snack, too.

omg you sure we aint related? LOL I looooove thin sliced ham rolled up with cream cheese and chives. I thought I was the only one that did that. sometimes I even chop roasted red peppers in it too and black olives :)

Missy and PG... I make a cheeseball with ham, cream cheese, green onions, pineapple and cayenne pepper that is to die for! Sounds like you ladies might like it. You can put as much or as little of each ingredient into it as you wish!

I am just about done with the book now and I may give it a try. One of the things I did not like was the fact he wants you to cut out all milk. Regardless of whether it is skim, 2%, 1%. No milk period. I will have a hard time giving that up as I use Simply Smart milk to make my shakes. I am glad to see it is working though.

I did Atkins low carb about 9 years ago and did work and I lost over a 170lbs. But it is true that you quit the diet the weight comes back on.

Btw....if you friend request Chris Powell on Facebook you can ask him questions and he does answer when his schedule allows. I have spoken with him a couple of times.

I am just about done with the book now and I may give it a try. One of the things I did not like was the fact he wants you to cut out all milk. Regardless of whether it is skim, 2%, 1%. No milk period. I will have a hard time giving that up as I use Simply Smart milk to make my shakes. I am glad to see it is working though.

I did Atkins low carb about 9 years ago and did work and I lost over a 170lbs. But it is true that you quit the diet the weight comes back on.

Btw....if you friend request Chris Powell on Facebook you can ask him questions and he does answer when his schedule allows. I have spoken with him a couple of times.

Yeah I didn't take the book verbatim For instance, I'm not about to cut milk nor do I follow his menus. However, I do very much like the basic premise of his theory, so I use that combined with what I know works best for me.

I too did Atkins years ago...ended up losing 40 pounds but also with a raging kidney infection due to a build up of Protein. Of course, gained like 60 within 6 months of stopping the Atkins diet too.

I've looked on Amazon and can't order it till Dec 12th. That's the release date!

I've looked on Amazon and can't order it till Dec 12th. That's the release date!

That's for the soft cover, you can get it hard cover here: http://www.amazon.com/Powell-Chriss-Choose-Lose-Hardcover/dp/B008EAWFG0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352500671&sr=8-3&keywords=7+day+carb+cycle+solution+by+chris+powell

Thanks Missy, I ordered the Kindle version and will check it out! As for no milk... can you use almond milk? That is what I use almost exclusively.

I read some of the sample menu meals and they included almond milk. Whew, I LOVE almond milk!

I'm using almond milk in my morning Protein shakes since reading the book only because it has less carbs so it's great for the low carb days.

But, for everything else, I'm still using skim milk. I use the book more as a guideline rather than a bible, I don't/won't follow everything exactly.

I'm still on week 1. This sounds interesting. I'll be checking it out. Thanks!

I found this example for carb cycling - go according to your daily caloric intake. If you are on a 1200 calorie a day that is what you follow.

Example ONLY!

For a 160 pound female, your carb cycling diet may look like this:

Monday: low carb, 1,150 calories, 0 to 50 grams carbs maximum

Tuesday: high carb, 1,950 calories, 243 grams of carbs maximum

Wednesday: low carb, 1,150 calories, 0 to 50 grams carbs maximum

Thursday: low carb, 1,150 calories, 0 to 50 grams carbs maximum

Friday: low carb, 1,150 calories, 0 to 50 grams carbs maximum

Saturday: high carb, 1,950 calories, 243 grams of carbs maximum

Sunday: low carb, 1,150 calories, 0 to 50 grams carbs maximum

***Missy Let me know if this is different than the book******

This is good info! I have not had apiece of bread rice or Pasta since April 30, 2012. Lost 23 lbs pretty quick but the last 13 not so much . I'm stuck! Definitely giving this a look!