Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions For Plastic Surgeon

My dr recommended a plastic surgeon he trusts to me... I am very seriously considering having my breasts lifted and filled. If it were not for a padded uplift bra I would be flat as a pancake. That would not be so bad but there is so much skin they resemble shriveled up eggplants... I look great in a bra... But I am married and not dead yet... So would like to feel comfortable naked!

Additionally I could use a Tummy Tuck, a thigh lift or whatever they do to get the wrinkles out... Probably a butt lift as well.... And the skin on my arms is pretty jiggly. That said I doubt I cannot imagine i can afford the time or money do do everything, and I am not sure I am willing to go through with any of it. But I made an appointment for a consult on Friday and now I am confused as to what to ask him. That's where you come in...

I am thinking he'll take one look and say....we can do this, and this, and this etc and it will cost you.... X. Or he will say we can do the breasts but you really should do the tummy which will enhance it.....I am open to that but do any of you have some questions you asked or wished you asked you would like to share with me? I figure a fact finding mission cannot hurt.....

Thanks for your help.

that is true.. make it seem like you get rashes .. that is unhealthy. A friend who had the lap band had a Tummy Tuck, thighs, and brast lift.. the insurance paid it all. As for questions, that part I shall leave to the ones who have been there done that. :)

Ask him for an overall assessment, and then to prioritize the areas where he could make the most impact? Ask to see pictures of similar work his has performed on similar cases (age, size, etc.)

Check with your insurance, they might cover the Tummy Tuck because you've lost more than 100 pounds.

Some insurance will even cover arm and leg skin removal after massive weight loss, too.

They didnt pay for my surgery...but you never know. I will most certainly ask. :)

Ask him for an overall assessment, and then to prioritize the areas where he could make the most impact? Ask to see pictures of similar work his has performed on similar cases (age, size, etc.)

thats good... I will do this. My focus is on the breast since that is really an issue for me. I feel that one I really need. The rest would just be superficial and I am not really sure I am willing to do it... thanks for the suggestion

Also honestly prioritize yourself. What bothers you most. Remember each procedure is a new anesthesia experience, so try to do things that can be done simultaneously. Legs are the toughest to recover from... hard to keep them still!

Also honestly prioritize yourself. What bothers you most. Remember each procedure is a new anesthesia experience, so try to do things that can be done simultaneously. Legs are the toughest to recover from... hard to keep them still!

Since I havent been for the consult yet I certainly dont have all the answers I need but what you say makes sense. I think I would be most apt to do the Tummy Tuck with the breast. Since the breast bothers me the most... I am pretty convinced that I will get that done. If I can do the tummy at the same time that might be a added bonus.

The legs while bothersome would be something I think I would do as a last resort. I need to see if exercise might helpf them before I resort to surgery.

The Dr just sent me a 3 page questionairre that seems very comprehensive so I will complete that and see what tomorrow brings.

Sounds like you want a "mommy makeover" with the boob and tummy. Let us know what the doc say. Good luck to you!

Sounds like you want a "mommy makeover" with the boob and tummy. Let us know what the doc say. Good luck to you!

Just returned from the consult.... I have to confess I am SO excited at the possibility of the results. I feel like it will be the crowning glory on what I have worked so hard to achieve..... now I need to come back to earth and have a long talk with myself and hubby to decide what is right for me.

I am so impressed with this Dr and his facilty. He has a JCAHO accredited OR on site.... his staff is amazing and are all long term employees. If I make the decision to do this he will be the one I choose. He answered all my questions and then some.

He feels based on my size and from the pics I showed him of me heavier I should have a breast lift with no implants. That surprised me but after hearing his reasoning I must say I agree. He even molded my breasts to show me what they will look like. And the no inplant part of it was an unexpected treat for thinking long term.

As for the tummy tuck... he said no exercise in the world with get rid of the flap I have and while not as severe as he has seen... he said the results would be amazing. He would even lift the private area and remold the belly button while he was in there.

He didnt even want to discuss my thighs and legs or even the arms. He said he didnt think it was necessary and that I wouldnt think so either after the TT and lift. He said we could revisit it at a later date if I was still interested. I thought that was pretty cool actually.

Now the bad news.... insurance will not cover it. Its not severe enough to be medically necessary. Sounds like the song I heard when I went for my band. So thats a hurdle I need to decide if I want to jump over.... Carecredit does offer 6 months interest free so that may be an option to explore.

Just wanted to give you the feedback. :) PS... I was thinking I could have the surgery on 12/18... and since I am off 5 days between then and New Years not counting weekends.... it would be viable to make this happen without taking 2 weeks off.... But not to get ahead of myself..... back to reality

LOL

Floridays, that would be great if you could get the surgery scheduled before the end of the year. Sounds like you have it under control. I had a Tummy Tuck two years after my initial band surgery. Two weeks should do you good as long as you don't have a physical job to return to.

Best wishes in whatever you decide.

Floridays, that would be great if you could get the surgery scheduled before the end of the year. Sounds like you have it under control. I had a Tummy Tuck two years after my initial band surgery. Two weeks should do you good as long as you don't have a physical job to return to.

Best wishes in whatever you decide.

I have a desk job and could even work from home if absolutely necessary although my boss isn't fond of that idea. But if I have a chat with him I am sure he would give in. Hubby and I discussed it,,, he said he is behind me and to do what I wanted. It's a large chunk of change so am giving it some major thought.

I was banded 2 years ago... 12/2010 so the dr feels like I am stable and a good surgery candidate. It's decision time... ;)

I decided to get the breast lift and tummy tuck!

Hopefully Dec 18 if my boss works with me on the schedule ... I am waiting on his blessing....

Now the wait begins......