Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Care And Feeding Of Lap Band Opinions

I've been reading this site for a couple months now, I will be having surgery on Friday for my band. I just wanted to say I really appreciate the advice you put out there, I also appreciate the 'black and white' I think some people may want to be (hate to use this term) coddled and have everything painted in rainbows, but you say it like it is and I admire that about you!

Congratulations on your success, you are very inspiring! :)

It's a little sickening to me that people on this board would have the nerve to write you such cruel things. I haven't been banded yet and I came on this board to learn, meet fellow bandsters, and create an online support system for myself during this life changing journey. We are all here for the same thing no matter where you are in your journey. We are a community... A neighborhood of people who have come together to help everyone Celebrate in their successes, encourage each other to push through struggles, and share stories so people can learn from one another. This should be a completely judgement free zone.. A safe place for our "community of pre and post-bandsters". Shame on anyone who is here to judge and put people down!

I am also one of the newbies that looks specifically for your valuable input. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to give it.

It's a little sickening to me that people on this board would have the nerve to write you such cruel things. I haven't been banded yet and I came on this board to learn' date=' meet fellow bandsters, and create an online support system for myself during this life changing journey. We are all here for the same thing no matter where you are in your journey. We are a community... A neighborhood of people who have come together to help everyone Celebrate in their successes, encourage each other to push through struggles, and share stories so people can learn from one another. This should be a completely judgement free zone.. A safe place for our "community of pre and post-bandsters". Shame on anyone who is here to judge and put people down![/quote']

Very well said!!

It's always a few bad apples that ruin it for others... But there is so much positive information posted I find it to be valuable, inspirational and a constant reminder to keep my band in the forefront of my day.

I confess I don't coddle. Some people on here are wonderful about it so I will leave it to them.... I know sometimes thats what people want to hear. I on the other hand shoot straight...will tell you what I did to be successful with my band and if you want to use my suggestions that's great. If you don't that's fine too... I think there is room for everyone.

I may not ask a lot of questions, but only because they have already been asked at one point or another.

Your experience, or your "been there, done that" is of great help and is very appreciated. I for one need your two cents worth and any thing that anyone else has to offer as well. So I Thank You for it.

I, too, have appreciated your advice and that of others on the board Foridays. Give me tough love any day! I can take it, and it's always so helpful.

I wish that all the time and energy spent being rude and jealous ( yes I said it) would be spent fixing their problems and learning their band.

The fact is when you post for us newbies, only half of us will be successful. Only half of us will make it to where you are. But, all of us have cheated, skirted around, or given up on our past diet attempts. Lashing out at others, complaining about results, and not following the rules are just other ways to try to cheat the system.

If my mind set is not like yours from day 1 of pre-op I will not make it! I have to get out of my own way and let the band do its job.

I have two lifelines as I see it: my band and my successful new friends on this forum.

For that I am truly grateful! Thank you!