Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Care And Feeding Of Lap Band Opinions

Well I for one am thankful for any one that responds with a post when I post a question.....The right on answers may sting a lil at first....but in hind site....it was what I needed to hear....so congrats on your weight loss....and thank you for your words of wizdom.....dee

flor and deedee and others......love your posts and findings as you both are super successful and you can damn well bet i am looking to you both for advice.

those who say the pm's to you or via posts, are the ones with issues. (the ones who cheat and dont follow dr's orders etc)...and if you point it out to them,,,,,WATCH OUT

i also get pm's saying i am not very nice and my best one (how do you know).

well i do know all my 5 months so far and that is what i base my answers on and i also preach no cheating, call your dr and dont diet...

you ROCK GF...love ya

I've only been on here for a little while but I have noticed lately that there have been some people that have just been down right rude and angry with someone after they post a response to a question that was asked. It has almost made me scared to even answer any question or give any advice IF I happen to have any :) I agree If you don't want an answer OR if you only want the answer that YOU want to hear then don't ask it. I for one have gotten alot and learned alot from reading every one's answers to questions that have been asked on here. I have yet to come across someone on here that has reached their goal or that is close to their goal that "thinks they are all that" I think it is really sad that people would "attack" someone for their success and for trying to help others with what they have learned thru their weight loss journey. Why can't we all just get along :) We have all started or are starting in the same place as everyone else, which is what has brought all of us here together.

I really appreciate that you take time to post from your experience. You are one of the people I look for and you inspire me!

Thank you for sticking in there.

Wow... Really? That deserves a "WTF" ?

You're a great inspiration to many of us!

Dee I admire your weight loss and appreciate your input. You have a sticktoitness which had gotton you where you are now! You have alot going on in your life and yet you take the time to help others and offer your opinions.

CG.... you have a passionate personality which is why you will be successful. You have done great so far! You are like me...firm on certain things regarding the band because thats what works for you. I am a firm believer that many people are looking for an easy way out. I can tell by your responses that you know what works and its black and white... there is no grey area. I applaud you. :)

I've only been on here for a little while but I have noticed lately that there have been some people that have just been down right rude and angry with someone after they post a response to a question that was asked. It has almost made me scared to even answer any question or give any advice IF I happen to have any :) I agree If you don't want an answer OR if you only want the answer that YOU want to hear then don't ask it. I for one have gotten alot and learned alot from reading every one's answers to questions that have been asked on here. I have yet to come across someone on here that has reached their goal or that is close to their goal that "thinks they are all that" I think it is really sad that people would "attack" someone for their success and for trying to help others with what they have learned thru their weight loss journey. Why can't we all just get along :) We have all started or are starting in the same place as everyone else, which is what has brought all of us here together.

I agree with you... I have always felt life it too short to be rude. Good manners is a dying art and I for one would like to send the world a lifeboat. I think there is always a way to structure your responses to be positive, uplifting and informative even by being direct.

One thing I'm wondering to...the ones sending private bashings....is it done privet because they really know how mean they are sounding or know how very wrong they are...so cowards pm nasty notes...just sayin

AMEN to all of you. Keep posting your answers, if the people asking don't get it, they never will. Unfortunately they go over to other forums and bad mouth the band because of their failures. Note that everyone who has responded to this post has been helpful direct and positive about their band experiences, even the "bad" ones. I think there is a message there!

Wow... Really? That deserves a "WTF" ?

You're a great inspiration to many of us!

I wanted to reply.... you darn right I am all that... I have worked long and hard for the right to say it. And if you want to make excuses and spend the next few years wondering why the band isnt working for you.... go right ahead. I am going to take my "all that" self and get on with my life. LOL

Even I get my feathers ruffled.

But of course that wouldnt have been appropriate and I should be burned on the stake for thinink such cruel things so I heeded my late mother's advice...if you dont have something nice to say...dont say it. So I kindly asked if he/she had a particular question I could help with. I never received a reply.

Floridays, what a shame you even have to defend yourself! I am new here, and chose this site because of the open, honest, supportive posts. For this procedure, we need to have candor. I'm sure you've helped hundreds if not thousands with your insightful posts. Those rude people just need to put their big girl panties on and face the truth. You are successful and willing to help others. That makes you a wonderful person!

Floridays, what a shame you even have to defend yourself! I am new here, and chose this site because of the open, honest, supportive posts. For this procedure, we need to have candor. I'm sure you've helped hundreds if not thousands with your insightful posts. Those rude people just need to put their big girl panties on and face the truth. You are successful and willing to help others. That makes you a wonderful person!

well you are too kind. Thank you for those nice words. I really didnt feel as tho I neded to defend myself I just wanted to throw it out there that if people post a question...expect an answer. And that people are different so the responses may not be what you are accustomed to hearing.

For those of us who have been successful I think we have a responsibility to help others who may be struggling or have simple questions which they may feel need a more immediate answer than they can get from the dr...not that mine or anyone else's advice should take the place of a dr...but this is a great place to get those questions answered.

I wanted to reply.... you darn right I am all that... I have worked long and hard for the right to say it. And if you want to make excuses and spend the next few years wondering why the band isnt working for you.... go right ahead. I am going to take my "all that" self and get on with my life. LOL

Amen to that Sister! See, that's the difference between you and them. Your mama raised you to have manners.

I just don't get how someone can look at your success and then criticize your advice. Take it or leave it but don't PM you telling you that " now that you're skinny you think know everything." Apparently.... you know a little something about it. As the say.... "The proof is in the pudding"

I specifically look for certain people's responses to questions and posts. Floridays, yours is one of them. I always value what you say and I like the way you respond to questions. I went to my doctor for my three month check up and he told me to be wary of these forums. Whereas they can be helpful, there are certain types of people who go on these forums to complain. They are the people who are not succeeding in their weight loss. We are all different and lose weight in different ways, but the end result is the same. I am proud of you for getting "thin". I hope to be there soon, too! And I refuse to allow anyone to take that away from me!!