Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry To Have To Ask This Nut Just Curious If This May Have Happened To You

I am wondering if any of you have experienced this. ... I had not had my period in a couple of years. I thought I was all done even though I am only in my 40's. Well, I have been exercising and eating better and lo and behold, I just started my period. My GYN said this could happen but I just laughed. Just curious if anyone else's body has been changing like this.

I was 50 when I was banded. I was normally cycling. I had my surgery ...Then nothing.... I waited a few months..even took a pregnancy test because I obviously am in denial or my age...lol but finally I went to the obgyn and she said the surgery may have pushed up my menopause a bit. Then 16 months later I got a period for 2 days... Then nothing again so I went back to my obgyn and she did all kinds of tests and I was in fact post menopausal.... However she thinks the blending was a result of some fibroids shrinking and breaking down as they do after menopause.

If I were you just keep track and maybe see your dr again for a check up.

I'm 46, having had my TOM in almost a year. They say I am peri-menopausal.

I am happy not having my TOM, I hope it never comes back!

My Doc also said it could come back. Who knows?

At 41 i was doing that.

I'm 38 only had a couple of periods a year, hadn't had one in nine months, had my surgery in June, I had one every month now after the first 20 lbs of weight loss, so our hormones are affected with weight loss now I'm afraid of getting pregnant at my age!

Fat stores estrogen, so when we lose fat, the estrogen is released. This can cause you to have changes in your cycles. Because you have started having periods again, you are probably ovulating and should take precautions (birth control) to be safe.

I'm 37 had not had period since my IUD was placed in January..had my first one the day of surgery in September..my OB said it was from weight loss and my IUD shifted due to it...as long as I keep losing I'll deal with the period!!

I am so glad I protect myself. That would be for me the most horrible thing to have a baby as I start this new journey. I already have 2 teenage girls.

I hadnt had a period in about a year, i started the preop diet for 2 weeks, lost 21.4, and i started my period. Go figure.

I am 48 & I will be 49 in Dec. oh my almost 50 lol but what everybody is telling you it is normall either it is due to the surgery or ask your ob/gyn if you might be perimenopausal as I know I am so I may not have one for 2 months then here it comes again , so it's off & on .

I was also worried so I made sure & asked my primary doctor , then I also asked the surgeon if it was normall they both said yes also I have a I U D but I don't want any more children at all .

It is just so funny as my GYN said this could happen but I was so surprised.

It is just so funny as my GYN said this could happen but I was so surprised.

That's exactly what happened to me. I started excersing and eating better and after two years of no period, there it was. I have lost 75 pounds do now is a monthly thing. My gyn said it was normal.