Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Need Of A "unconventional" Mentor? ???

Congratulations to you both! Yea i know the feeling, after my surgery, I became a Raptor too. So you guys are looking for my secrets. ..seeing you on mushies stage.. I know what I'm going to tell you to do is off the wall...Put it in a blender or food processor! I know...EWWWW???!!!???... BUT after you chew your food what does it look like?? MUSH! dont make it a Soup, but just enough to make it easy to pass, Obviously your not gonna put 25 oz T-bone steak.. but chopped meat, add all the sides, potatoes, have him try this. If he says your crazy tell him the crazy Guy from NY who lost a whole person advised him!

Hey Carolina,

I've been here but hiding in shadows,just been busy October is a hectic month for me work wise. How are you doing?

doing good steveo....hanging in there. getting close to the 80 pound mark and doing good. are you still doing those receipes?

Thanks Terry, now Amy. .lol... you forgot zodiac sign and your turn on's & off's ....thought i logged on to match.com Lmao. ....ok seriously now, exercise is everyone's Achilles heel, may i suggest Zumba? I've heard so many woman say its not only a great workout, but also fun, swimming if you'll haven a Ymca or indoor pool close to home or job. I know its hard to get our asses motivated to go, excuses are easy to come up with, I know they offer Aqua Zumba classes too. What type of hobbies do you have if any Amy? Keeping your mind busy is the Key! A important tip to EVERYONE TO REMEMBER! !!!... the band is just a tool, like any tool there's right ways and wrong ways of using them. The band will allow certain amounts of food to pass from pouch to stomach, like a coffee machine dispenses coffee. You need to think before winging it into piehole and swallow it whole. Also remember, your stomach is full of liquid, what happens when you put a dry sponge into Water? Same process is going on in pouch and stomach, don't try to eat a piece of bread and not expect to be praying to the porcelain God! Use common sense. OH p.s. i am also a cook and have at my disposal hundreds of recipes from many of the famous restaurants ,such as Applebees, Tgi Friday's, outback, just to name a few.. all can be modified for your eating pleasures and lose weight like i did!

Wow! You go Carolina!!!!! Of course I do! I am a cook..what recipe you interested in?

Steve, I'm waiting still waiting for the Olive Garden stuffed mushroom recipe!! I forgot to remind you.

Lol, I felt like a dork listing it out like that after I hit post :), so I'm glad someone else thought the same. Thank you for the advice, sad thing is I have Zumba and just don't do it, guess I need to pull out the dvds and get going. I love to dance and used to go clubbing all of the time when I was younger and lost 80lbs doing it. I'm just tired all of the time is the main issue, I work a hell of a lot of hours and need to refocus my priorities. And bring on the recipes! A side effect of lap band is learning to cook again :).

Lmao Amy,

Was hoping you'd be closer, you sound good so far, don't feel like a dork, tells me your organized, listen, screw the stupid DVDs, go out and find a place near you that's offering classes, if you do it at home,you'll never do it, you could end up meeting someone who could be a zumba partner, i know its a b***h to get motivated. If you loved shaking what ya mamma gave ya back in day, like your old,35 seeesh I'd love to see 35 again, i have some things id like to have a do over on.... so lame ass excuses don't fly with me, btw in 44, divorced have 11 yr old son, gonna be 12 this month,holy crap... I'm getting old. .. anyhow, back to you,im not important.. so you are going to find yourself a zumba class, after work in evenings, and your going to Zumba for exercise, you have 0 responsibilities at home too use as excuse, now recipes, ive literally have hundreds of recipes from many popular restaurant chains, many of are "Top secret " and are 100% authentic, I only ask, don't ask where i get them from. Just know these are the real recipes. I tell everyone who's had the band to substitute certain ingredients, for example: if recipe calls for ground beef, try substituting with ground Turkey, if it's a beef dish, say steak, instead of getting a London broil so to speak, sub it for minute steaks, much thinner, easier to digest. I can't stress enough to think outside the box! Take the time to browse the isles at your next visit to market. Many larger chains are selling shredded beef in packages. I was and still love cold cuts, but I avoid breads as much as possible, I personally love to get Triscuts, wheat thins also work, any cracker will be a excellent substitute, Crunchy for some strange way does go down with less strain and resistance. So i get my deli meats shaved, and stack it atop of cracker, like a mini open face sammich! So for recipes I'd like to have you tell me the restaurant and entrée, appetizers, and yeah even deserts! But id hope we'd all avoid asking for those at this stage. ..right?! So get me some name's and whatever it is your looking to make and hit me up I'll give you the recipe.

Steve

I was only joking about comment..btw

Haha Steve, of course you are important :), thanks for the information! As far as a class, um, that will have to wait until I have confidence again, my work actually has Zumba for free, but no way am I shaking my butt in front of people at work, lol. That stuffed mushroom recipe that someone else asked for sounds pretty damn good. And the ground turkey is good, I just made chili with it about 2 weeks ago and couldn't even tell the difference.

Where's everybody else at, how is everyone doing?

Amy,Amy,Amy..... that's totally a lame ass excuse! Going to wait until you're more comfortable with yourself!?. Okay that will be a year from now if you continue to have that attitude. I'm concerned what my co workers will think.... Ok, so yiur telling me you work for a fashion magazine, and all of your co workers are picture perfect models?? Wooohooo!!! BULLSHIT EXCUSE! Yeah your the only female who's uncomfortable with themselves, only one who suffers from low or 0 self esteem. Ya your right Amy, better off avoiding something that's going to help you in your weight loss, gid we don't want the ladies talking about you, saying how she's got no right to be here with the rest of us as we all try to improve our health... just because there perfect from head to toe! Really? Now, your going to cut the high school drama, sign your ass up for the zumba classes amd shake ypur ass, along with your co-workers. Trust me exercise is not something we all enjoy or can find the energy to muster up after a hard day, but if you want to get your metabolism active. So... your going to Zumba, or Steve will come to Ky and implement plan B, and your not going to like plan B, steve will thoroughly enjoy plan B.... Amy may not..

WAY TO GO! JO...proud of you!

Woohoo Jo, I'm happy for you! Nice Steve, just what I need a swift kiss in the a** :). Well I hit the treadmill today, so baby steps :) Plan B sounds scary, so I don't want to find out, lol. So do you exercise on a regular basis, how do you maintain?

Bring that ass on over! Oh, miss " i can handle you " is scared of plan B? And yeah you've got not clue what it is. .. Actually plan B is.. do I workout? If i we're to say yes, I'd be lying. And that's not my style. ..I maintain by implementing plan B!!!! Ha ha ha.... bring that ass Cincatucky! Got a size 13 for it!

I definitely need help. Banded in 2009 and never lost weight. Debating revision surgery or trying harder ( if possible )