Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Foods Do Not Agree With You Anymore???

OK. I have been banded almost a month now. I haven't had any problems eating ANYTHING! :-) However, just a bit ago, I ate 3/4 of a chocolate covered creme filled donut. Yea...I know, not a good choice...However, I haven't had anything like that in OVER 6 months..so...I was due! LOL!

The problem? Well, it did not get stuck or anything like that...I have never thrown up since my surgery...BUT~~~I quickly began feeling SICK!!! Like...yucky sick! I went to the bathroom to try to throw up...and NOTHING!!!! Just some burping sounds. I literally could not throw up. Bummer...cause now I am feeling sicker than ever...and cannot do anything about it! :-(

ANyway, I am thinking I will no longer be able to tolerate bread or donut things. Or maybe, it was the sweet stuff...chocolate creme and filling...WHo knows? BUT..I do know I have not eaten bread since my surgery...and am wondering if that is it.

SOoooooo....what foods DO NOT agree with you anymore????

I'm guessing it wasn't the food consistency or texture but rather the sugar and fat. Your body gets used to being fed healthy food. When we suddenly throw junk at it again, it goes "Oh hell no, what the heck is this?" and promptly rejects it. Hence the sick feeling.

I wouldn't advise making yourself throw up, btw. It's very bad for the band.

I look at moments like that as a reminder of why I need to continue to make good decisions. I totally over-indulged over Halloween and boy did I pay the price. Not in weight gain but I just felt horrible for a day after.

Best wishes.

Beans and mushrooms......7 weeks out and these 2 have given me the worst bloating, gas pains.........won't touch them again for a long time.

Raw mushrooms don't go down too well. I have not tried any regular bread, but I do use Flat outs for sandwiches and it goes down fine as long as I take small bites and chew well.

Raw mushrooms don't go down too well. I have not tried any regular bread, but I do use Flat outs for sandwiches and it goes down fine as long as I take small bites and chew well.

Mine was mushroom Soup, no lumps or chunks........

Dry beef or shrimp are a no-go... but I am able to eat both if they are moist and I chew a lot.

Spongey cakes

Pasta (I can do it, but would rather not as I get that stuffed-and-about-to-explode feeling after literally 3 or 4 bites)

Fried foods... I only eat them once in a blue moon, but when I do they often give me a stomach ache. Especially chinese food.< /p>

Almost all carbs get stuck for me..and bananas, and shrip :(

I would definently agree it was the sugar and Fat in the donut. If you have to.... eat about a quarter and see how you feel.

I can never eat bread, or Buns, steak, a bite or 2 but no more, chicken is dry have to dunk it in something but I LOVE fish and eat lots of it. I can eat pork and hamburger if its rare.

For me it's bananas and kiwi - I can't tolerate them anymore?

I can barely tolerate a sandwich. Even after removing the crust of the bread on a wheat sandwich, I was stuck, and the worst stuck I've been in thus far. It was not fun. I can only blame myself for chewing too fast, as I had half a biscuit and some scrambled eggs earlier in the day with no problem. I was able to finish the sandwich by chewing super small amounts, and chewing a lot.

Yep...anything that is yeasty, dough, white bread just doesn't go down like before. I remember my last Einstein bagel with cream cheese and chives. That was after second fill!!!!! I have quite an aversion to Bagels now!!!! Tough steak, fried chicken, flour tortilla, many foods I have to work around. pizza toppings only but not the bread. But I see some people on the forum that can. I tried a French dip (1/4 size) and it was heaven!