Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Butterfinger Protein Shake

I'm so tired of Protein Shakes but I'm only in the full liquid stage. I mixed my Protein Powder with FF butterscotch pudding mix, almond milk, and a teaspoon of Peanut Butter, blended in my magic bullet. Tastes just like a butterfinger! Yummy!

That sounds delicious! I've been looking into recipes and brands of shakes ahead of time so I know what to get when the time comes, I'm gonna have to write this recipe down!

sounds yummy... try the sugar free which is less calories than the fat free. :)

sounds yummy... try the sugar free which is less calories than the fat free. :)

Actually, it is sugar free/fat free. Thanks for catching that.

LOL its a bad habit I have learned in the past 2 years... I mentally count calories. Geesh who knew I would turn into one of THOSE people! ;)

Best of luck you!

Thats sounds awesome! I will have to try that next week. Do you have any other recipes? Maybe we could swap :-)

Can someone explain to me again, what's the purpose of being a full liquid diet for so long. I am on a full liquid diet for 3 weeks, post op, so I have 2 more weeks to go. I am sure my doctor explained this, but I am curious to hear from you all.

Can someone explain to me again' date=' what's the purpose of being a full liquid diet for so long. I am on a full liquid diet for 3 weeks, post op, so I have 2 more weeks to go. I am sure my doctor explained this, but I am curious to hear from you all.[/quote']

The reason I was on it through SWLC was as a liver cleanse they want to reduce the fat and toxins in your liver there by reducing the size of your liver making the surgery safer. The liver sits right over the stomach so to get to the stomach the surgeons need to physically move the liver out of the way the liver is already a larger organ so the smaller and healthier it is the better (safer) the procedure will be. So I know the diet sucks but there really is a good reason for it!! Hang in there:)

Where do you find sugar free/fat free pudding? I've seen either/or, but not both. Is it Jello brand? Thanks!

Marci

PS: Do you notice that when you use a mixer with sf pudding, it whips it up so airy it's like mousse? I LUV pudding. It's my middle of the night treat. A spoonful of pudding...yeah, I take a bite or 2 in the middle of the night. I know, a bad habit to get into

I actually didn't start on full liquid until AFTER the surgery. I was placed on a low-carb diet 2 weeks before, and yes my doctor told me that was to shrink the liver so that it can easily be moved out of the way to place the band. I was mainly wondering if the full liquid diet post op diet was so you can heal or to see if the band works, or what.

Where do you find sugar free/fat free pudding? I've seen either/or' date=' but not both. Is it Jello brand? Thanks!

Marci

PS: Do you notice that when you use a mixer with sf pudding, it whips it up so airy it's like mousse? I LUV pudding. It's my middle of the night treat. A spoonful of pudding...yeah, I take a bite or 2 in the middle of the night. I know, a bad habit to get into[/quote']

The kind I used was a store brand, can't remember which store. Sorry....

I can't stand that airy stuff. It's usually on the top and the liquid is at the bottom. I usually scoop it out. I did notice that its less airy if I use the almond milk that the Water.

My doctor does not fill band at surgery. I was on liquids 5 days and then he told me I can eat in moderation 9 dad out and doing fine.i trust his success rate. 100 percent

My dietitian said that the full liquid diet after surgery is to let your digestive tract heal. The band is foreign to your body, so if you did eat normal food it would really mess up your insides and get stuck places and you would get really sick.

I'm 5 days post op and still on Clear Liquids, will move to full liquids on Wednesday! Can not wait!

The liquid diet is to allow you internal systems to heal from the surgery. Please follow doctors orders. Also, the BF shake sounds awesome. I use dry PB and unsweetened almond milk. I will give it try!

I feel your pain!! I was in hospitial for 2 nights after my band was put in. I was on tea, apple juice and broth. YUK!!!! In Melbourne we are on fluids of 1 week to allow the band to settle into its nice comfy home. If we ate straight away we could risk slipage and throwing up and causing a few issues. I was banded on 30/11/12 and on saturday i get to go to mushies for 2 weeks! Lamb casserole, fish, egg, vegies here i come. I just have to explore the best nutrional options. I assume your from americia? Do you have V8 juice? Its nutrionally balanced, high fibre and contains a mix of fruit and vegies. Sounds weird but just look around. I was on opti fast shakes for 2 weeks pre op and i tried one. It was totally differant the smell the taste